“Pleasant simple fare on sunny terrace ”
Review of le-bis-troquet

le-bis-troquet
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed the lunchtime tartine menu with good mixed salads. The service is excellent and the simple dishes full of fresh local fare.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (314)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Main courses here are almost exclusively tartines (open sandwiches) but they are seriously good and freshly prepared served along with soup or salad. The staff are enthusiastic about their wares, rightly so. We didn’t have any wine, so can’t comment there, but I had an artisan non-pasteurised beer (I.e. real beer) which was excellent.

The tartines and a dessert meant that my wife and I had an a satisfying and not unduly expensive lunch.

Reviewed September 8, 2019

Beautiful crusty fresh thin bread with a great selection of toppings. I chose grilled red peppers with rocket and local ham, pesto and caremalised onion. My friend chose black pudding, caremalised apple and mustard. We both chose the cold tomato, onion and balsamic soup. Amazing. Good sized servings at a great price, all locally sourced and excellent presentation. Good service. We only had water so can't comment on drinks.

My friend chose

Thank . G
Reviewed July 13, 2019 via mobile

I almost feel cheated by this place , the menu is so lacking , we had salards in the end because this was not much else , thier so called speciality ( bread with various dressings and salard or soup was a joke .
Drinks where over priced and limited . The value is dreadfull, the only up side was the waitor who was very entertaining. Would not go back here ever .

Date of visit: July 2019
3  Thank Stephen F
Reviewed June 21, 2019

We made a mistake, reading the menu outside and believing they were freshly made dishes. The reality was they served the description on chewy bread as open sandwiches. Included was a salad or soup, the latter tasted like nothing on earth I have ever tasted in my life. Having said all this about the disgusting food, the wine and beer were delicious and the owner very nice indeed. 50 euros for two open sandwiches and a nice bottle of wine. My advice is to just drink the wine.. .

Date of visit: June 2019