“amazing”
Review of The Celt

The Celt
Ranked #3 of 10 Nightlife in Carcassonne
More attraction details
Owner description: The Celt is a traditional Irish pub with a touch of class. Come sip a coffee and read a book quietly in one of our snugs during the day, enjoy the fever of the fans watching a match in the back room in the evening, or boogie to the bear of one of our bands on the main bar at night. Whatever ambiance you are after, you will find it in The Celt.At The Celt, you can:Watch two big-screen matches at once on either Sky or French TVPlay in The Celt Darts ChallengeCheck your email while enjoying a pint using The Celt's free wi-fi connectionBorrow or exchange a book from our second-hand book librarySing along during one of our Open Mic nightsBook ou back room for a private partyListen to different live bandsUse the local knowledge of The Celt's English and French-speaking staff to help make your visit to Carcassonne perfectOur house speciality is Irish Coffee made with fresh cream, just like in Ireland - yummy! Our other Irish specialities include Guinness, Kilkenny, Middleton whiskey and Magners cider, to name a few.The Celt boasts one of the largest selections of beer in Carcassonne, with eight beers on tap and a further 40 varieties of bottled world beers.If whiskey is your tipple, you will not be disappointed by our selection of 30 international brands
Carcassonne, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“amazing”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had the best time ever, met some great people, staff are so friendly. good atmosphere, you'll be seeing me again soon!! :)

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jes_mitch

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic place,great atmosphere”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time in the Celt on several occasions ,it is well worth a visit.The staff are very friendly and make you very welcome.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Stephen F
Brighton
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Football and beer= win”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

The other half wanted to see the England World Cup game and google found The Celt for us- a great find. Close to our hotel, we walked here and enjoyed Guinness and JD whilst watching the game on sky sports. Friendly English staff, and a good atmosphere

Visited September 2013
Glasgow
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Nice enough pub, good music but creepy people....”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We visited this pub as it's owned by the man who runs the guesthouse we stayed at. It's a lovely Irish pub & we went at night for drinks. The music was great & exactly my taste (rock music, which the bar maid put on & locals seemed to be enjoying), beers were good, no complaints & usual prices.
The ONLY thing that put me off the pub was the people....maybe it was just bad timing but there was creepy people lurking around my boyfriend & I, mainly a woman & 2 men. After them moving to our table, questioning us about everything & getting too touchy feely, we were propositioned, with them wanting some sort of fivesome.
Anyway, as we've seen the movie "Hostel" & it was becoming a little bit too much like that our liking, we ended up making a swift exit & although it was funny, if I was alone I would have felt really intimidated.
So it's not that there's anything wrong with the pub, but I would be wary of the people. I'm laughing at the review asking me to give stars regarding "romance". Maybe I'd give 5 stars if I was out looking for a swinging party.

Athlone, Ireland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Home from home”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Celt Carcassonne is a home from home, there is always someone to talk to it is the best English speaking bar that I know of in Carcassonne. The food is good, the crack is good,cheep night out. I often travel alone on busness in France and spend the last night there looking forward to the next trip oct/2012