“Yummmmmmmmmy”

L'Als'Assiette
Ranked #86 of 332 Restaurants in Carcassonne
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Petit restaurant proposant des specialites alsaciennes. Ferme le mardi et le mercredi.
Celbridge, Ireland
“Yummmmmmmmmy”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My partner and I ate here on our first night in Carcassone and enjoyed it so much we went back two nights later!
The first night I had the Goats Cheese on toast with salad (now its says on the menu that its goats cheese on small taost but don't be fooled - this is a hearty starter!) and my partner had the onion tart and both were really good but we both especially liked the onion tart.
For mains he went for the pork shank in a beer sauce and it came with a sausgae and sauerkraut and he loved it. I went for the whole trout with almonds and it came with boiled baby potatoes. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this dish. You knew from the aroma of this dish that it was going to be good dish to eat!
For dessert I had the bergamont creme brulee and it was probably the nicest tasting brulee that I've had and I've had some really nice brulees. He had the 'cafe gourmond' which came with a cafe noir and four little desserts.
The meal was truely delicious with friendly service and excellent value.
On our second night I had the anchovies to start and they were so fresh and tasty especially with the cucumber, he had the house terrine which we both really enjoyed.
For mains he had the magret of duck which was served with a sweet Quetsch (which are plums) and star anise and cinnamon sauce. He nearly licked the plate!!! I went for the...trout again! it was too good not to order it. For desserts we had a rhubarb tart and the creme brulee again.
Both of our meals were excellent. Both nights we had two starters, two mains, two desserts. coffees, a bottle of wine and a bottle of water and the bills came in at just over €80 which in my opinion made this restaurant one of the best value in the area.
But do be warned the portions are large so go there hungry!!! when we return to Carcassonne we will definitely be returning to L'Als'Assiette

Saint Nazaire sur Charente, France
“Best birthday treat”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Went here for my birthday, fantastic food, fantastic ambiance, fantastic service, Patrice and Patricia were superb, made my birthday special, made me a cake with candles, gave everyone in the restaurant a free drink to celebrate, gave me a bottle of delicious wine (in a beautiful bag) to take home. Would definitely go again and would highly recommend.
Karl and Jean Cosier

Prudhoe, United Kingdom
“A little gem hidden away.”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Located not far from the canal port is this little gem of an eatery, my wife and I visited in September 2013.
The food is great starting with the snails which were fantastic, the duck with plums and the cassolette.
Visit if you are travelling the Canal du Midi you will not be disapointed.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great meal in quirky surroundings”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I loved this restaurant. Al is from the Alsace area and the stork is the national emblem. There were storks everywhere - on the walls, in glass baubles on the ceiling, etc. The food was delicious. It took a while to arrive but we hadn't ordered starters so in fairness, as everything is obviously prepared from scratch, we had to wait. They did come over to apologise for the wait. I had duck and there was loads of it and perfectly cooked - a little pink and very tender. The plum jus that came with it was the perfect complement. It's a small, cosy restaurant and the night we went there were Welsh (us), Irish, Scottish, Spanish and Italians there. Great value for money. Wouldn't hesitate to go back.

1 Thank KatieBlue09
Oakville, Canada
“The reviews are right!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I was in Carcassonne as part of a vacation boating on the Canal du Midi. I read the reviews for this restaurant. They were bang on! We (a group of 8) had a wonderful meal. Everything we tried was delicious, and our hosts were friendly and helpful. I loved the tart alsacienne.

Visited September 2013