“Delicious food”
Review of L'Als'Assiette - CLOSED

L'Als'Assiette
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Petit restaurant proposant des specialites alsaciennes. Ferme le mardi et le mercredi.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

It's a very quaint little restaurant. The owners are very friendly but most of all the food is excellent. The style is very rustic but it is great quality local produce prepared with a lot of love. The Foie Gras was the best I've ever had and the Duck was excellent. Also the Escargot was very memorable. Would definitely recommend it.

1  Thank Marjoram11

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Dont go if you are in a rush!! The food is freshly cooked and cant be faulted. £ people run the whole place- a couple and their daughter. They are so friendly and will answer any questions. We had 3 courses, a bottle of wine, coffees and brandies (which were the biggest 'single' measures I have ever seen) and paid 58 Euros. The portions are HUGE!!

2  Thank julidebs
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My partner and I picked this restaurant based on it's tripadvisor rating. I would disagree with the comments made about the lady working at the front of house. She was efficient, friendly and chatted to us about where we were from. The food was great, I would recommend the escargot followed by the almond trout. I agree the portions are certainly generous but when the food is this delicious who's complaining?! All in all a wonderful dining experience which has left us wanting to visit Alsace!

2  Thank Sandra_dundas
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Rating of 4 given mainly for the food which in my opinion couldn't be faulted. Service was a bit surly by the owners wife, but he was very cheery. It was quiet when we went at lunchtime but when full I think there would be a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We ate at L’Als'Assiette at lunch time on the last day of our holiday. The food was very good (cassoulet) but the experience was spoiled slightly due to the surly (bordering off-hand) attitude of the woman who served us. As remarked by a previous reviewer, she was very friendly with regulars and people she knew. The owner/chef was however friendly and welcoming. Would not go there again – there are much better places to eat in Carcassonne.