Review Highlights

from $158.41
from $189.41
from $10.33
More Info
All reviews domaine gayda olive oil delicious lunch goat cheese farm day tour picnic lunch vast knowledge private tour grape varieties french countryside beautiful village small group highly recommend this tour local area canal du midi cathar castles wonderful tour
Reviewed December 28, 2018

My wife and I were visiting some friends in Servian, a small town in the Languedoc and we all decided we needed to know more about the wines of the region. Vin en Vacances to the rescue. They dispatched Marcel from Carcassonne to expertly ferry us around in the spacious V en V van and introduce us to some very interesting and informative winemakers. Unlike some wine tours I’ve been on in the past, this one took us out into the vineyards where we discussed grape varieties, pruning and wiring methods, and even composting practices. Then we returned to the winemaking facility to sample various wines including one not destined for general release - a rose made from late-ripened grapes, passed over on the main picking - a side project of the winemaker and some of her friends. It was nowhere near ready; still bubbling and fizzing towards “winedom”, but we were honoured to be able to taste it. I’ve got to point out that we would never have been confident enough to ask about this pet project of the winemaker, but Marcel was charming enough to speak for us, et voila!, we were able to sample something unique.

Lunch was part of the contract and we were happy it was. After two and a half weeks of traveling in the Languedoc we were rewarded with the best, absolutely brilliant lunch at a small restaurant in Neffies. Kudos to Marcel and V en V for arranging that one.

After lunch we headed to a family owned winery in the tiny hillside town of Fos that, in the hands of a younger generation, utilizes very modern techniques to turn out brilliant wines, one of which I can actually purchase back home in British Columbia.

It was a long day. We covered a lot of miles. And Marcel was charming and informative the whole way. I’ve already recommended him, and Vin en Vacances, to some family members and friends and I heartily recommend them to anyone reading this.

1  Thank Les L
wendywoogedney, Owner at Vin en Vacances - Food & Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2018

Thank you so much for this lovely review, Marcel and I really appreciate you taking the time to do it and we are thrilled you enjoyed the day so much. And thank you for recommending us. Best wishes Wendy

Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

A group of us booked a wine and gourmet food tour to Carcassonne and Languedoc with Vin en Vacances from the cruise port of Sete. This was a wonderful and informative day including the best gourmet lunch I have ever experienced in over 40 years of visiting France. In addition we visited a local winery where we got to taste all the famous wines of the region. Our guide, Carlos, was friendly and fun and gave us very comprehensive information regarding the history of Carcassonne and the region.

Wendy, the owner, definitely knows what she is doing and provided all of us a memorable experience. I would definitely recommend her to anyone traveling in the area.

Date of experience: October 2018
wendywoogedney, Owner at Vin en Vacances - Food & Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2018

Thank you so much for this lovely review, Carlos and I really appreciate you taking the time to write it. Come back to Languedoc again one day, we'd love to see you. Best wishes Wendy

Reviewed November 1, 2018

We joined Wendy and Carlos for a week in Jerez, Spain, for a week learning about and tasting sherry. They organised an excellent week for us with several tastings at Bodegas and an introductory tasting led by Wendy. We also had lovely meals at several different restaurants including a cooking demonstration and tasting menu. In addition we saw some of the attractions in the area including a day in Seville and a visit to a cork farm.

Date of experience: October 2018
wendywoogedney, Owner at Vin en Vacances - Food & Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review. Carlos and I appreciate it very much and are both delighted you enjoyed the week with us. Best wishes Wendy

Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

What a fabulous day with Carlos!! Throughout the years my husband and I have taken countless small groups tours and rarely have we ever had a tour with a better guide, more perfect weather, more delicious wine and exciting vistas!! Carlos was so knowledgeable, not only about wine and history, but also about basic humanity! Our very long 10 hour day was filled with wine, delicious lunch, much laughter and two amazing Castles high above Languedoc/Roussillon!
Carlos went out of his way to make the tour both interesting and insightful! I cannot recommend this tour group highly enough and will be touting its advantages to all my clients and friends!! Many thanks again to Wendy and most especially, Carlos!!

Date of experience: October 2018
wendywoogedney, Owner at Vin en Vacances - Food & Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2018

Carlos and I are delighted you had such a lovely time on the tour and thank you so much for this fabulous review. We hope to meet you again one day. Best wishes Wendy

Reviewed October 21, 2018

I contacted Wendy since she offers wine tours in the nearby area. Our ship was docked in Port Vendres for the day and we wanted to do a wine tour. Wendy planned a nice tour for us even though many local businesses are closed on Sundays. We went to a lovely small winery and the owner seemed very genuine and nice. He explained everything about the wines and then we sampled many different wines - he even took the care to serve the wines in the correct glasses. Our guide Carlos was great and assisted with translation and explained the wine making process. We also went to the medieval village of Castlenou and walked around the pretty little town. A three course lunch with wine was included and was fantastic. We ate at a locally owned restaurant which we would not have found on our own. The food was great and we ate in a pretty little courtyard surrounded by greenery and flowers. We then visited Collioure and sampled some olive oils. We enjoyed the beautiful town which has been painted by many artists. Overall, Wendy and Carlos provided us with a wonderful tour despite that it was Sunday and many businesses were closed.

Date of experience: September 2018
wendywoogedney, Owner at Vin en Vacances - Food & Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review, Carlos and I appreciate it very much and we are pleased you enjoyed the tour so much. Best wishes Wendy