“Slipping a little?”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We've been regulars for some years at this restaurant, which is an island of quality in a sea of kitsch in the Cité at Carcassonne. Service remains polite, friendly and prompt. Today's lunch was OK, but not brilliant: I suppose we oughtn't to have asked for the duck breasts 'bien cuits': they arrived overdone and dry. My salade tomates-mozza was competent, but I can do better at home. The fourth diner's greek salad was reported to be very good, however. Not off our list of bonnes adresses - yet.

There are newer reviews for La Maison de La Blanquette

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Just returned from this place which left a bad taste. I ordered the highly recommended sirloin steak but wouldnt have fed it to the dogs wandering about La Cite. It arrived practically raw. Knowing that the French have different ideas of how a steak should be cooked I sent it back. It returned burnt on the outside and still undercooked inside. I did my best with it but it was also one of the worst pieces of meat I have ever had, more fat than meat, and impossible to cut...even with a steak knife. I gave up, and when the waitress collected the plate she wasnt interested in my complaint. Poor food and poor attitude.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

I have been to quite a few restaurants in the La Cite over the years and this is the only one i return to over and over again. It is situated around a small quaint square along with several other restaurants with much of the seating outside. This square is the main tourist hub near to the Narbonaise Gate and is a great place to relax and watch the world go by.
The restaurant offers a great three course menu which includes a glass of quality sparkling Limoux wine as an appetiser and 250ml of good wine each. My favourite combination is baked goats cheese with honey salad starter with wild boar stew (when in season) and floating islands dessert. The food is delicious and staff very friendly.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

This is a very busy restaurant, but the service was very good. We had the 'Menu Tradition', 3 courses plus a half-bottle of wine for 24 euros, great value for money.

Reviewed October 1, 2010

This restaurant is in the busiest square in the city, where there are many restaurants densley packed together. The set menu was really good value for money, and the staff were very efficient and helpful. A three course lunch with a quarter bottle of reasonable wine was 18.5 euros