“Disappointed.”

Brasserie Le Donjon
Reserve with
Brasserie Le Donjon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 349 Restaurants in Carcassonne
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We went here on our last night in Carcassonne and found the service cold and clinical. The meals were technically okay but lacked any charm as did the decor, largely modern but with a nod to the old. Generally we were disappointed and for not a lot more we could have had a better selection of food and definitely a better atmosphere/ service. Tables were close together ( back on back) and there was no intimacy. Felt more like a cafe in the evening, probably a better place to eat during the day. We didnt feel any tip was warranted ( as us Brits do tend to tip when deserved) and had to watch the managers eyes roll into the top of his head in response.
Not the best evening out.

1  Thank cretansunset

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We were really impressed by the quality of the food. One must admit that it's rare enough to notice in such a touristic place. The menu suggests local cuisine and local wine with simple yet delicious dishes. Everything is home made and the service is quite good though a bit slow. It might be slightly more expensive than some of the restraunts in the citadel but its definitely worth it!

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Coming to carcassonne we all decided to try the cassoulet, however it was bland and lacking in flavour. The service was great but there was not much of an atmosphere. All in all I would suggest other restaurants in the area that are better. Not the worst but definitely not the best meal I have had.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Good value - my food was fine but not particularly exciting. I would try elsewhere next time I am in Carcassonne.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I chose Don Jon in contrast to the kind of cafe place we went to last night. We were very pleased on most counts: the wait staff were friendly and the food really very good. I had a steak cooked to perfection and my wife had a super sea bass risotto. I ordered crime brûlée for desert,which was fabulous. My wife ordered light chocolate mouse with nougatine, which was neither light nor particularly nougatniny. It was, however, swamped with cream, which she did not want. Interestingly, the starter I ordered - a lettuce, Roquefort and Pine nut combination - was significant in the absence of pine nuts and the unexpected inclusion of walnuts. Look, if you advertise one thing, don't serve up something else without warning!

The house Merlot was good, and inexpensive, the coffee super. For two of us the whole meal was a shade under €60, so not cheap bur not outrageous either.