“Excellent food in a wonderful cité”

Restaurant La Marquiere
Reserve with
Restaurant La Marquiere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 329 Restaurants in Carcassonne
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: A family business rooted in the City whose reputation is honoured in the greatest guides.Charming, elegant, cordial welcome in this little restaurant, which serves simple and tasty regional cooking.You can enjoy various specialities according to the seasons, followed by the best wines of the region.On sunny days you can have dinner in the inner patio.To share with your friends the pleasure of a traditional cuisine we offer gift vouchers
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent food in a wonderful cité”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Again, we came to this restaurant because of it's rating on TA. I didn't want to miss it so I came to the restaurant early to make a reservation for dinner. They have the a la carte menu and dinner sets (2-course & 3-course). I ordered a 2-course: foie gras for main course and soufflé for desserts. You can choose to add €5 to have a glass of wine or €14 for 3 glasses to match your dishes. I ordered one glass and the restaurant manager asked me if I want a dryer or sweet wine for the foie gras. When he saw that I couldn't make the decision, he friendly suggested that I could taste both and see which one I prefer. That was very nice of him! My husband and father-in-law ordered rocket melon served with a scoop of sorbet soaked in muscat, foie gras raviolis, and steak with pan-fried foie gras on top. They were all sooooo delicious!!! I'm not exaggerating. Even when I thought of the dishes now, I'm still very glad that we have come to this restaurant.

While we were enjoying our dinner, the restaurant manager chatted with us. He asked us where we were staying that night. Then he suggested us to go to Demeure Saint Louis, saying that the B&B was just 10-min walk from the old cité. He even helped us to call Demeure to make a reservation for the night and cancelled our reservation with the original hotel. We owed our thanks to the restaurant manager because Demeure was a very nice B&B. If you are interested, you can refer to my review of Demeure.

If I remember correctly, the restaurant changes its menu monthly, which is posted on the website. So you can check the menu first before making a reservation. But I assure you, you will not regret it (unless you are a vegetarian or don't like foie gras)

5 Thank AWTata
MARQUIERE, Responsable réception at Restaurant La Marquiere, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for your contribution, we are delighted that you liked our restaurant.
While awaiting the pleasure of seeing you.

Shanghai
“Foie Gras lover's dream come true”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Let me start off by saying I love Foie Gras and this restaurant served it with just about everything. Almost every dish had foie gras as a side - even the foie gras had more foie gras on the side!

The setting was very quaint and the price was fantastic - just 35 euros for a 3 course meal.

This was one of my most memorable meals - delicious food, good service, many surprises for my taste buds, and more foie gras than I have ever had in a single night!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank MikeyMike604
New Zealand
“Fitting meal for a beautiful city”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We decided to eat at La Marquiere after wandering around the city late on a Monday afternoon and not wanting to get stuck with a typical tourist fare. It was a good decision. We were both in our travel clothes and must have looked a bit of a mess but we were treated to first class service. The amuse bouche of olives and a goat cheese crostini were excellent. Not being big eaters we didn't have the full menu, but opted for mains and dessert. We both had the Charolais fillet, having not eaten a good steak for a while, and it was lovely. Melt in the mouth with a delicious sauce. Service was very attentive and the sommelier was excellent, helping us to choose a wine which suited our conservative tastes. For dessert I had the berry fruits gratin which was delicious, but nothing super special.
The price was reasonable and we would definitely eat here again should we ever get back to Carcassonne.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank sunseeka64
Peterborough
“Beautiful in every way”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We went to carcasonne at a time of year when it was not very busy which I would recommend. This restaurant was suggested by the tourist office so we gave it a go.
We booked on the Saturday lunch to eat in the evening and it was a good job we booked as the restaurant was full and they were turning people away in the evening.
The waiter was superb and we had lovely service all the way through the evening. This restaurant offers wine by the glass matched to your menu choices at 14 euros per person, what a deal this is. The waiter picked some great wines for us and we certainly got great value from this.
Mostly importantly the food was gorgeous, at the end of the meal we all felt completely and comfortably full.
The bill worked out to about £60 per person which was amazing value for this quality of meal.
Thoroughly recommended.

Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful meal, a bit pricey for what it was”
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We had a fantastic meal. The velvety pumpkin soup is among the best soups I have ever had. Our main courses were quite good, although the portions were on the smaller side. One thing to note--these people LOVE foie gras. It appears everywhere on the menu: soup dishes, in ravioli, with fish, etc. The only place where there wasn't any was at desert! It was a very good meal. Not one thing we could complain about in terms of the actual food. But, it was expensive for the portion sizes. Recommended!

MARQUIERE, Directeur général at Restaurant La Marquiere, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
While awaiting the pleasure of seeing you.

M. MARIUS F