“Excellent Food, Great service”
Review of La Grande Bouffe

La Grande Bouffe
Ranked #59 of 346 Restaurants in Carcassonne
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant and booked a table for our large group - 6 adults and 3 young children. The children loved their steak and baked potatoes (I haven't seen my daughter and son clean their plates in a restaurant before). Adults ordered a variety of things from the set menu - steak and salmon were the favourites. We all agreed that the food was the best we had in France. The waitress and owner was very kind to the children - showing them different things in the restaurant to keep them entertained while the adults finished our dessert.

1  Thank vkate

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were some of the first to arrive, so benefitted from some fairly prompt service. I could see as the evening continued though that many others were coming to fill the other tables.

We had one of the Menus, however can't remember exactly how much. I do remember though that it was great value for good service and excellent food. There was an array of steaks and different sauces, the unique feature of this place being the way they cook the steak by putting them on a grill next to a roaring log fire - it works a treat.

Just outside the centre of town on the north eastern edge, situated next to the canal du Midi making this restaurant ideal for those on a boating holiday. For those in a car, no problem for parking.

2  Thank Robert C
Reviewed June 29, 2013

we had a great meal. i had salmon, my wife lamb chops. It was gorgeous, fresh off the charcoal grill, as were the jacket potatoes. Topped with a pichet of good red and a nice dessert. great meal for 50 euros

1  Thank lion38
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We happened on this restaurant quite by accident...it was across the street from our boat and we were starving! It was a cold, rainy day and we were able to warm ourselves by the wood fired grill. We all ordered pork chops and watched as the chef/owner sliced the very thick chops from a side of pork. We also got to watch him grill and prepare the baked potato and baked, stuffed mushrooms! We are still thinking about how wonderful it tasted....

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've lived in the area for 6 years and have only discovered this hidden jewel in the past year - oh how I lament all those other mediocre dinners when I could have been eating here! Definitely not the choice for vegetarians, but for us carnivorous types this surely is what heaven's kitchen would serve.
Yes, service can be a little slow - but you have the floor show of watching the chef at work, cutting and cooking your meal under the open fire. I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu, but my personal favourite are the lamb cutlets. Oooooh, the lamb cutlets. The best I've ever had.
Go! - You won't be disappointed.