“Gorgeous Indian food, great host”

Banaras Restaurant Indien
Ranked #14 of 116 Restaurants in Aigues-Mortes
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Second trip to Aigues Mortes, - and we like the Banaras and its host so much we dined here on both nights. The food is just divine and they go to great lengths to ensure you get the flavours you seek. I am vegetarian and the choices are all delicious. My husband likes a very hot curry and the owner ensured he got just that.

Fabulous place, well worth a visit, and a change from the local cuisine if you seek it.
thoroughly recommended.

2  Thank CarolHands

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Very fresh food,no ghee, owner of Indian origin, very friendly, a proper Indian restaurant in France.

2  Thank Jenben71
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I live in Aigues Mortes and regularly visit Banares. I have never been dissapointed and greatly enjoy the atmosphere. The food is excellent, represents great value for money and service is always prompt and attentive. I would not continue to return were I not satisfied and so I recommend Banares to any visitor to my beautiful town.

1  Thank vfourfreak
Reviewed March 30, 2012

It's difficult to find a good Indian restaurant in France, but this was one of the best we've found.

1  Thank Kandycat
Reviewed September 12, 2011

After a few days of struggling to find a single vegetarian choice, we came across this restaurant by chance and discovered Indian food up to the level of a London restaurant. The owner is also very chatty and there is a general nice atmosphere with locals having dinner as well or just stopping to talk to the owner. A very far cry from the tourist traps so common to the region!