“Wonderful!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have eaten in hundreds of restaurants in Paris but on a day trip to Versailles I came across this jewel which I thoroughly recommend.
The welcome was genuine and friendly, the atmosphere, decor and overall ambiance was as nice as any I can remember.
And the food... Well it was outstanding. I had possibly the best Souris d'agneau that I have ever eaten.
I eat in restaurants all the time all over the world and few are memorable but I will always remember my experience at Le Cafe des Arts, Versailles.

• Visited February 2014

Limoges, France
“Only ten minutes from the castle”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Cosy restaurant serving Angus beef, carpaccio of salmon and greaaatttt chocolate pudding. Just opposite the residence du Berry hotel. Free apperitif if you're staying at the hotel. The restaurant room is rather small but convivial. 30/40 € for a three course meal.

• Visited October 2013
Dublin
“Typical French Bistro-Locals eating here”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Had an early dinner here in May. Enjoyed a starter of French sausage and followed it with lamb and a nice house wine. washed all down with a nice coffee au lait. Very good service and lots of locals munching away happily beside me. In a very nice quite district , near to Palace. Reasonable prices and nice staff in a basic bistro setting-nothing fancy. A recommend.

• Visited May 2013
York
“Decent Value - Traditional Food”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We arrived in Versailles fairly late on a Monday night. The town was very quiet and we were ready to choose the first restaurant that was open. We were delighted that we chose Café De Arts for a quick but satisfying meal. We shared a huge and delicious goat cheese salad entrée. My wife had the braised lamb and I had the duck. Each were perfectly prepared and delicious. With house wines (25cl) our total bill was $53Euro – perhaps a bit pricey but I think Versailles has Paris prices.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank pcyork
oxted
“First Meal in Versailles”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Restaurant was recommened for good food and good value we were told to book as the resteraunt can get very busy and it was.
Staff were very attentive and helpful and were able to understand my school boy French.
Good choice menu, one was printed in English, which helped!!.As well as the main menu there were a couple of specials on the board all meals were reasonably priced.
We enjoyed a very nice meal, very filling !! and declined the sweet the couple at the next table had a struggle getting through their sweet.
A Very good resteraunt overall, good service, reasonable price we will return.

• Visited April 2013