“American, but with French attitude...”
Review of Sisters' Cafe

Sisters' Cafe
Ranked #77 of 435 Restaurants in Versailles
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great cheeseburger (although, as you'd expect in France, the cheese was better than the burger) and excellent hash brown triangle that seems to be their trademark. Nice change from frites. Cheesecake was so-so, as was the hot fudge sundae. The apple crumble looked better. Waitress was overworked and was rude to a couple next to us who had tried to sit side-by-side as many do at the cafes in Paris to watch the world go by. Great-looking American-style breakfasts, too.

2  Thank 75205Traveler
There are newer reviews for Sisters' Cafe

Reviewed July 6, 2012

This festive and quirky little cafe is right next to the Versailles Palace and the Waldorf Astoria where we stayed on our honeymoon. If you don't care for traditional French fare (I personally love it) or you just want a change up from Escargot, you must try this remarkably affordable spin on "American" food.

A variety of burgers, salads and "Mexican" fare is available. My husband went insane for the Sisters Burger (I hope that was the name) which had pink, juicy, locally bought bacon and medium rare beef, as well as a fried egg. Aside from being a stroke on a bun, it really was a perfectly done burger. Don't bother with any of the Mexican food. Their guacamole is runny.

The staff is mostly North African dudes who speak good English and are very laid back and friendly. No snootiness. I was bowled over when they said they had Dr Pepper, a treat from my Texas childhood. Quality wine and French beers are also available.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

I was there already 10 years ago, the place is still as I used to know it: very friendly restaurant for families and teenagers... Good American food (at least from french point of view) and good product also... Home made dessert (which happen to be rare this days)... Price vs quality is excellent! You may find it crowdy if inside in winter time, but the terrasse on a sunny days is delightful!

Reviewed July 19, 2011

We were on our honeymoon having a terrific time in Versailles. Everyone had been so nice and fun to meet until we went to this cafe. We had been eating lots of french food so we decided, why not try the good old standard American fare. Upon arriving at the restaurant we were told we could not sit in an outside table and were taken to the back of the restaurant where they kept opening a door to get ice cream for their "milkshakes" (which were just like plain chocolate milk. they weren't thick at all) which let to an open door outside and it looked quite dirty back there. Anyway... we were seated and got our menues. My husband ordered a burger and I ordered the Chicken Fajitas. We ordered guacamole as an appetizer. Here are the problems...
1. The "guacamole" was runny like they pureed it with water
2. They tried to give me a chicken quesadilla instead of fajitas. (they did take it back and bring me the correct item.
3. The "fajitas" were just chicken and onions. there were not the standard fixings of cheese, beans, rice etc to put into the tortilla.
3.Their milkshakes were terrible - very watery just like chocolate milk
The waitress was very nice but the hostess was evil and rude! You will not believe what happens next...
We finished what we could of our meal and the hostess comes over asks if we are done and as she is picking up our plates says "The reservation for this table is here. You will have to leave now"
What the heck!
I replied...in shock..."Umm... we were going to order desert."
The hostess "The reservation is here." and walks away.
I could not believe it! I was IN SHOCK! There were plenty of empty tables, so why did we have to move? We weren't rude to anyone. We were more than patient and enjoyed talking to our waitress. She was nice.
So we stood up to leave and the hostess asked us in the front of the restaurant if we wanted to sit at the bar (which isn't a bar, its right where the grill is and VERY HOT) I just told her "Umm.. No, we aren't ordering desert now. Thank you" So we paid and left.
NEVER IN MY LIFE have I EVER been asked to leave a table at a restaurant! HOW RUDE!!!
Let me just say that the place left a bad taste in my mouth and my memory of this spot.
I hope that karma will pay the hostess back ten fold.

1  Thank IrishCastleGirl
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed in Versailles for 2 nights last week (beginning of June) and we ate at the Sister's Cafe twice!
I did read about the place on Tripadvisor but didn't take the information with me. Luckily we stumbled upon the restaurant as we were looking for a place to eat on our first night there.
The hamburgers are great, we tried a few options from the hamburger menu and they were all very good.
The deserts are wonderful, I especially liked the cheesecake.
The deal is simple, you get a main course + starter or dessert for about 15 Euros.
There are mexican dishes and salads for the main course but the hamburgers were so good we did not want to try anything else.
There is a kids' menu that our kids (ages 8, 7 and 2) enjoyed very much and was quite a good deal with a burger, soft drink and dessert for less than 9 Euros.