All reviews restaurant next door difficulty finding cafes restaurants closest hotel yogurt excluding breakfast inner courtyard great bathroom next morning palace gates parking garage french style the location is perfect late at night french hotel tea coffee spent two nights
Selected filters
Reviewed March 11, 2019

Nice old looking style Hotel very well situated,
You are so closed to Versailles Castle that you can easily think you actually are the King.
Room are nice and clean.
Staff is very gentle and helpful.
Good to stay in Versailles.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed November 6, 2018

I picked this hotel because the photos online showed the room decor as befitting going to Versailles. Not some modern place, like so many others. The small lobby almost rivaled Versailles for decor, in fact. But the best thing is location! It's right across the street from Versailles. I didn't realize how important this was until I'd spent half a day walking through the palace and over half of the grounds. It's exhausting! I was able to go back to my room and rest a bit before tackling more Versailles. I spent two nights there, so that I didn't feel I had to do it all in one day and I'm glad I did. They serve a nice continental breakfast and have their own restaurant across the breezeway. I had a nice room with double windows opening onto a central patio. Only two problems. One was not enough outlets. There are two, both behind the desk under the tv, with the tv taking up one. In this age of electronics, they need more. None in the bathroom. And second, something starting smelling in the bathroom, but they readily offered me another room. Staff was very nice and accommodating. Another plus...there's a lift!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank mhmac
Reviewed October 4, 2018

Decor is mirrored on rooms in the palace.
Very very well located for those travelling to visit the Chateau as is 100 meters from the main gates.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
The hotel has a long history in Versailles.
We had a drama where a lot of water was running in the ducting which was quite loud and a solution was difficult to find late at night.
However the hotel GM generously made amends and our trip was no overshadowed by the drama.
BUT - after 35 years of visiting motels around the world we have never stayed in a motel with NO Mini Bar/Fridge, Kettle or Coffee/Tea facilities or and Iron.

Overall very clean, tidy, convenient and friendly.

1  Thank geoffr903
Reviewed October 1, 2018

This is a lovely old fashioned French hotel. The location is perfect - literally next door to the Palace. The hotel is in a beautiful building around a pretty central courtyard. There are some stunning old mosaic floors, stone staircases and a ballroom full of chandeliers. The rooms, bathrooms and decor, sadly, were a little tired and could use a freshen up. Staff were very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Breakfast was OK, but (given we were in France!) could have been better. There is a lovely restaurant next door / attached. There is no hotel parking, but there is metered parking outside on the street. I'd go back there....

Room tip: Rooms at the front overlook the main square. Rooms around the courtyard are probably quieter.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank bjw2110
Reviewed September 19, 2018

I cannot stress how perfect the location is for visiting the Palace of Versailles; a mere short walk of less than 10mins brings you to the entrance of the magnificent and historic Palace. The hotel interior is stunning. Staff were very friendly and eager to help. We stayed 3 nights there after having read the reviews.

Our room was on the 2nd floor, inwards and window looks down to one of the ground floor patio areas. It was quiet although walls are a bit thin but no real issues to raise. The carpet in our room is worn out but the room and bathroom was very clean and the room had a subtle scent of roses which was pleasing. The only downside is that there is no coffee/tea making facilities so we stocked up on juice and water from one of the many conveniently located shops nearby. Restaurants, pharmacies, and many other various shops in the surrounding areas, all worth an exploration (especially the markets!).

We traveled via the Eurostar, RER and Metro to get to Versailles. We noted parking spaces are limited as it is a very busy street (lined with pubs, restaurants, cafes, etc).

p.s. Breakfast is an option