“Great Location”

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Versailles
Munich, Germany
“Great Location”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Hotel with great location very closed from the chateau. Actually difficult to find closer. Staff was very very nice and willing to help. Nothing to say about the room or the hotel in general, it was clean and the breakfast was good. I was just a little bit disappointed about the general standing of the rooms for a 4 stars hotel. I felt more being in a 3 stars hotel. but the price was the price of a 3 stars, so nothing to complain about, quality/price/location is worth.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Indonesian first
London, England
Reviewed August 28, 2013

You can't fault the location - it is brilliant, a mere stones throw from the palace. We parked in the garage for 15 euros which we pre-booked. Just a note to anyone with a higher vehicle - it is a squeeze. We had a top box on the car and we only just managed to get in and dodge every hanging obstacle! The rooms weren't ready when we arrived at 11.30am so we went off and explored Versailles. We came back at 3pm and they were ready. Make sure you take your booking confirmation with you - they tried to tell me that I had booked 1 single and 1 double when I had proof that I had booked 2 doubles. If I hadn't had it on paper I think they would have tried to charge me. They were acting like they were doing me a favour when it was them who had it wrong. On checkout they tried to add breakfast to our room charge when it was early morning and the breakfast room wasn't even open!!!!!! Again it is best to be aware when it comes to the bill there...

The rooms are a bit dated and warm. The view was of some scaffolding but it was a one night trip and we weren't in there very long. The bathrooms look recent and overall it was clean. Another thing to note is there is a very very small lift and it is slow. Take the stairs if there are more than two of you...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank vjuniper
Leeds
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We found Hotel Le Versailles with some difficulty as it is tucked away and off the main roads. It is, however, very convenient for visiting the Palace and there are good restaurants nearby. The Dutch lady in reception was extremely helpful and charming. Our room was tiny and quite warm with the a/c limited to cool and the TV volume on BBC World hardly audible. Garaging is 15 euros a night and the entrance is tiny but at least one's car is safe. The shower was first rate but the towels are thin and the toiletries of average quality and quantity

Room Tip: Select the best you can afford
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloucester, UK
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is a pleasant hotel tucked away in a side street, across from the main entrance to the Palace. As it is in a quiet street, noise is not an issue so we slept well. We had a superior room which was quite large and airy, even though it was on the top floor. The bed was comfortable, so too were the pillows. The bathroom was well appointed, not amazing, but very clean and recently upgraded. Staff were courteous and friendly.

Breakfast was good - usual continental buffet. You could eat as much as you wanted.

The car park is directly underneath the hotel and you gain access through security doors a little way along the street. You need to get a 'pass' from reception to gain entry. The parking areas are clearly marked and there is a lift or stairs to take you straight up to reception. A word of warning though - there isn't much room for manoeuvre down there, so smaller cars are better.

We stayed here on our first night in Paris and thought the drinks were quite expensive, that is until we moved on and realised that £15 for a beer and a scotch is about average!!!

Our main criticism is that there was not any tea or coffee making facilities in the room. Nothing better than a cup of tea or coffee first thing in the morning, or after a days sight seeing!

Room Tip: Chose a superior room for the extra space.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Hotel Le Versailles is very well located near Chateau de Versailles in a very quiet area. Rooms are very comfortable, bathrooms are newly renovated, hotel staff is very helpful, breakfast is really reasonable and well diversified. The hotel is 10 min walk from train station and many different restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in order to visit Versailles Chateau. You couldn't get much closer. The hotel looked new or maybe extensively renovated. It was very clean and neat. The staff was friendly and helpful. We arrived early and they stored our bags until we returned and checked in. The room was nice (they upgraded us to a junior suite at no extra cost. The buffet breakfast was very good? We didn't we many tourist, mostly businessmen. Take the C RER toward Versailles Chateau. There is a train that goes to the other station in Versailles which is we're the rental cars are located. That station will work too, but is a longer walk.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 29, 2013

To be honest... I didn't actually get to stay at this hotel because they were just finishing construction on major renovations. However, the owner was very nice enough to show me the hotel and chat about his goals and staff...

First, the staff. The first thing I noticed is that they are smiling even when they thought no one was watching... enjoying what they do. This is before I even met the owner. It seems many of them have been there for several decades. To me, that speaks for itself. While there is a core group of seasoned staff, the owner does a great job mixing it up with intentionally hiring college students. His goal is to give them internship type experience. I worked in the service industry when I first started out, and I believe that is some of the best experience anyone can and should have.

Second, building and rooms. It's located on the curve of a beautiful quiet street closer to the business area of Versailles, but still close enough to the Palace for a quick tour. The rooms are highly functional, maximizing all use of space. They are also large considering the area and room rate. The new renovations are extensive and brilliant for their mainly business traveller clientele. The rooms are very clean, quiet and chemically odor free despite the construction around them. There were even rooms for the disabled which isn't something I see in privately owned hotels. They were VERY well designed to have easy movement and safety. Great care was taken for this design.

Now to my favorite feature... the owner is an encourager.... believing in the best of others. He has painted encouraging/inspiring words on the walls and colors to match. You find this more in a spa type hotel... but this works quite well for the business traveller who might need some encouragement in their day. I know I do. This was by far my favorite feature.

Gastronmie... I didn't get to sample it... however the dining areas were beautiful. There is a nice courtyard outside to enjoy. I can imagine the springtime will be beautiful to enjoy tea there.

The owner, if he's around and available, he's interesting to have a good chat. He has a PhD in a complicated science and has served his world well. His journey taught him the treasure of enjoying life and this is his way of helping the rest of us find the same bliss.

Overall, I will definitely stay at this hotel on my next visit. Though it's touted a 3 star... I would call it more of a 3.5 or 4 star. I'll post back once I actually stay there.

Enjoy!