A basic but quiet and comfortable hotel with free parking in the heart of Versailles. The hotel is directly opposite the square which hosts an excellent market on a Tuesday. Good local bars and restaurants surround the square and the palace is just 10 minutes walk away. Breakfast good value at 8 euros - coffee suprisingly good from the machine. Staff very helpful. Town is pleasant to walk around but only warrants a two-day stay. The tourist office supplies maps for walking tours of the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By staying at the Hôtel du Cheval Rouge you enter into the rich history of Versailles and its Château. Built in 1676, the Cheval Rouge was originally Louis XIV's livery. Since then, the Cheval Rouge has kept up this tradition of hospitality, with friendly service and 40 newly renovated rooms that will make your trip to Versailles restful and enjoyable. At a 5 minutes' walk from the Château, the Cheval Rouge is conveniently located between the three train stations serving Paris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel du Cheval Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Cheval Rouge Versailles
- Le Cheval Rouge Hotel Versailles