Staff, secure free parking, and location are the assets of this hotel adjacent to the Grande Marche of Versailles. We lucked out in Room 138 in that it was for three and we were only two so it was relatively spacious and clean! There is a tiny garden in the parking lot that has seating. Versailles Palace is within walking distance, as are numerous restaurants. And the market is fun to wander. Negatives are the tiny shower and accompanying toiletries. The value for a hotel in the heart of Versailles is unbeatable at Cheval Rouge!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By staying at the Hôtel du Cheval Rouge you enter into the rich history of Versailles and its Château. Built in 1676, the Cheval Rouge was originally Louis XIV's livery. Since then, the Cheval Rouge has kept up this tradition of hospitality, with friendly service and 40 newly renovated rooms that will make your trip to Versailles restful and enjoyable. At a 5 minutes' walk from the Château, the Cheval Rouge is conveniently located between the three train stations serving Paris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel du Cheval Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Cheval Rouge Versailles
- Le Cheval Rouge Hotel Versailles