“Great Location”

Hotel la Residence du Berry
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Versailles
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here before, about 4 years ago, so knew it was only 10 minutes' walk from the main entrance to the palace. Underground parking by the cathedral is close by. The hotel still retains its character and friendly welcome. Lift available and we had quiet rooms overlooking the courtyard. Breakfast seemed a bit steep so we went to a local bistro.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking courtyard are quiter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel la Residence du Berry

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We booked a night at this hotel @ 100 euro through Expedia. When we arrived at the hotel we were informed that there was no booking but a room was available at 150 euro. We were not happy to take this room and made alternative arrangements for our stay in Versailles. We were surprised to find our card charged for 100 euro. Expedia informed us that we had been charged as a no-show. We are currently seeking to have this money returned to us.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 7maryl7
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Sometimes, all the famous chain hotels are full in the city, and you manage to find a small hotel, for a slightly higher rate. This is what happened to me and I discovered a charming little hotel, in the heart of historical Versailles (quartier saint louis 5mn walking from the castle). It felt like a bed and breakfast. Staff was very helpful and nice (not "Paris style"), rooms were particularly comfortable, and the hotel was clean, access to internet was functional, tv, etc... I stayed two nights that I enjoyed a lot, specially after the Paris madness.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RobertJambon
Reviewed October 27, 2012

hotel was nice and clean. cosy.
staff - friendly and helpful.
unfortunateley no parking place, we had to park on the street and pay.
close to chateau de versailles which is beautiful.
nice small shops around :) very cute

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristina P
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Second stay in this comfortable Logis for a family wedding at the Cathedral just opposite.

Most of my working life is spent staying in Marriott's or other chain hotels, so it is nice to stay somewhere different.

Whilst it doesn't match the 4 or 5 star facilities of these chains, it certainly does match for personal service and assistance. I was travelling with elderly relatives and they were treated very kindly by the staff.

I will happily stay here again if visiting Versailles.

Room Tip: Second stay in the apartment - very comfortable for groups.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Farnham_Flyer
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Excellent, well appointed hotel, very well placed for the Palace at Versailles. Excellent staff - I forgot a case, containing a laptop - interesting related to previous comment - and they phoned immediately to let me know. We were travelling through France and used a day in Versailles as a stopover.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank njv_11
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I arrived early (10AM) and exhausted from the overnight flight and train ride. I was immediately offered a glass of water and an available room, making my first morning in Versailles immeasurably better. The hotel, with spiral staircases and narrow hallways, was charming and the location was far enough from the crowds at the Chateau to relax but close enough to reach the palace quickly and easily. I also walked from the train station with luggage as it's quite convenient from that perspective.

From a business standpoint, it was an excellent value - room rates are very reasonable, wireless internet was complimentary (a blessing when carrying multiple devices) and breakfast was quick and efficient. The reception staff was consistently friendly and helpful - offering maps and cars and advice on places to eat and see.

The only quirk - and I mention it only because I saw multiple guests struggle - is that the keys (which are adorable) were somewhat difficult to manage. I fussed with my door each time I returned to the hotel and almost gave up on one occasion. But it was a very minor inconvenience in an otherwise perfect stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the interior that overlook the garden are lovely but can get loud and smoky at night when g...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business