Hotel la Residence du Berry
$121
$114
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
A l'Hotel des Roys(Versailles)(Great Value!)
$110
$102
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
$97
$89
$56
$99
All reviewscathedral car parkbilliard roomcharming hotelminute walksmall hotelchain hotelsby european standardschateau de versaillespublic areasbreakfast roomtwo nightsspoke englishsofa bedexcellent locationwould stay againrooms are cleanshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Second stay in this comfortable Logis for a family wedding at the Cathedral just opposite.

Most of my working life is spent staying in Marriott's or other chain hotels, so it is nice to stay somewhere different.

Whilst it doesn't match the 4 or 5 star facilities of these chains, it certainly does match for personal service and assistance. I was travelling with elderly relatives and they were treated very kindly by the staff.

I will happily stay here again if visiting Versailles.

Room Tip: Second stay in the apartment - very comfortable for groups.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Farnham_Flyer
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Excellent, well appointed hotel, very well placed for the Palace at Versailles. Excellent staff - I forgot a case, containing a laptop - interesting related to previous comment - and they phoned immediately to let me know. We were travelling through France and used a day in Versailles as a stopover.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank njv_11
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I arrived early (10AM) and exhausted from the overnight flight and train ride. I was immediately offered a glass of water and an available room, making my first morning in Versailles immeasurably better. The hotel, with spiral staircases and narrow hallways, was charming and the location was far enough from the crowds at the Chateau to relax but close enough to reach the palace quickly and easily. I also walked from the train station with luggage as it's quite convenient from that perspective.

From a business standpoint, it was an excellent value - room rates are very reasonable, wireless internet was complimentary (a blessing when carrying multiple devices) and breakfast was quick and efficient. The reception staff was consistently friendly and helpful - offering maps and cars and advice on places to eat and see.

The only quirk - and I mention it only because I saw multiple guests struggle - is that the keys (which are adorable) were somewhat difficult to manage. I fussed with my door each time I returned to the hotel and almost gave up on one occasion. But it was a very minor inconvenience in an otherwise perfect stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the interior that overlook the garden are lovely but can get loud and smoky at night when guests use the garden for drinks and conversaion.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Katie M
Reviewed July 8, 2012

WE WERE ROBBED AT THIS HOTEL - I have waited 3 weeks to write this review foolishly hoping for some good news that never materialized. On Saturday June 16th 2012, we, along with another couple on the same floor, got robbed at Le Residence Du Berry Hotel, 14 Rue D Anjou, Versailles. My party lost two work laptops, two iPads, 1 blackberry and $ 500.00 in cash. In both cases, someone came into locked rooms and broke into locked bags. Also in both cases, the burglar(s) took the time to leave the rooms like nothing had happened. Common sense tells me that if this had been someone walking in from the street, needing to get in and out as fast as possible, they would not have wasted any time, after spending enough of it going through everything, trying to leave the rooms in order, but you can draw your own conclusion. The most disappointing thing about the hotel actually happened next. Even after learning that we were the second victims, the person on duty had not thought about calling the manager until I asked. I spoke with him and told him that he needed to come in. He said he could not do it that evening, that he wasn’t in Versailles, but he led me to believe that he would be there the next morning. When he didn’t show up, I got the front desk to call him again. Reluctantly, he got on the phone with me and finally admitted that he wasn’t coming in until Monday. Now, if people can start a trip from Florida on a Saturday evening and arrive in Versailles by Sunday morning, I’m pretty sure that he could have gotten from wherever he was, to the hotel on Sunday if he really wanted. We were told by the police that he was the only one who had access to the security camera tapes. Given that fact, even if it was slim, the best chance we had to recover the items, including the work laptops, was lost by his refusal to come in promptly. I was in Versailles on a work assignment for two weeks and this happened the weekend in between. I explained all of the above to the hotel manager both times we spoke, along with the fact that the company I work for was spending a lot of money on the trip. That we were occupying 3 rooms in the hotel for two weeks and that if he did not come in on Sunday, we were all going to leave and would never use or recommend his hotel again and he still refused to come in. Fine, I get it, the guy did not care about my company or my problem but he obviously does not care much about his hotel either. Here is some additional information if you need context: There were cameras in the lobby which is the only entrance/exit point to the hotel as the building is surrounded on both sides and back by other buildings. There were no cameras in the hallways. We took our room key with us when we went out. Even if you think that the chance of this happening again, to you, may be small and worth taking, please note that you will probably lose in a different way. Chances are the room that you end up with is nothing like (in appearance and size) any of the pictures they use to advertise, which makes what they charge for the rooms not worth it. I can appreciate small boutique hotels that are good and safe. This one is neither.

Room Tip: Chances are the room that you end up with is nothing like (in appearance and size) any of the pictures they use to advertise, which makes what they charge for the rooms not worth it. I can appreciate small boutique hotels that are good and safe. This one is neither.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
15  Thank notareviewguy
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Our experience of the Résidence Du Berry was all positive. It is a charming hotel, well situated for a visit to the château. We had a warm welcome from staff who supplied information etc. willingly, giving the impression that they really were glad to be of service. Patrick and his staff made our stay a pleasure. The meal area downstairs overlooking the courtyard (it was unfortunately far too cold to eat outside, given the unusually low April temperatures) was charming. The continental breakfast offered a wide choice, including very good quality croissants (délicieux!), wonderful French bread, coffee, all manner of tea varieties, conserves etc. in seemingly inexhaustible quantities. The room, although small, was spotlessly clean and the bed was comfortable. All in all, we were pleased and would use the hotel again if we visited Versailles another time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple