“Very good small Moroccan restaurant”

Chez Tiouiche - Au Bon Accueil
Reserve a table
Sat, 11/27
8:00 PM
Ranked #24 of 458 Restaurants in Versailles
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2015

We enjoyed our meal here. The owner comes by and checks on you, which is a very nice touch. We had a bottle of rose wine, some couscous and a tangine.

I read the reviews first and found that each plate was pretty big, so we only ordered two. There was more than enough for the two of us. Meal was delicious.

Date of visit: May 2015
1  Thank Helen L
Write a reviewReviews (551)

Reviewed June 19, 2015

I have no idea what all the fuss is about this place. As far as I am concerned the place is average at best. The whole experience was one that made me feel that they owners had not tried too hard to make the most of what is an excellent location.
The decor is kitch at best. Before I come to the food I have to premise my opinion that I an a vegetarian and so this may not be their strongest suit. However all the vegetables in the tagine were boiled to the point that could not be recognized.
The couscous was excellent but it is not that hard to make it at home.
The prices are quite steep for what you get I guess you are paying the locality to the Palace.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed June 9, 2015

Had planned to go there last year during our visit of Versailles and only got the chance on our return trip this summer. It was great. We had a brick for 2 and a couscous each. So much food, so much goodness. The service is quite friendly and the room very nicely decorated.

Date of visit: June 2015
1  Thank Ludo-Owen
Reviewed April 19, 2015

I went here with a friend who has traveled to Morocco for vacation. We both enjoy couscous, tagine, and all of the other Moroccan specialties. This is definitely the best in Versailles, and it's convenient if you are in the area. If you include Paris, this may not be the very best, but it's still good. We had some starters, wine and couscous agneau (lamb). I had been here before, so I knew pretty much what to expect, and it did not disappoint at all. It's a great taste of the Moroccan food that's available.
I'd come back here next time, but I would not come all the way from Paris to eat here unless I was meeting friends or coming from work.

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed March 12, 2015

Just a short walk from the château you might imagine that this restaurant would be a classic tourist trap but you would be wrong. It was actually cheaper than the other Moroccan restaurants that we have been to in Versailles and in my opinion, better. The food was excellent, as was the service and the whole atmosphere of the place is buzzing. I would highly recommend that you book however, as there were at least a dozen people waiting for tables when we left at 10.30pm.

Date of visit: March 2015