Ibis Chateau de Versailles
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
A l'Hotel des Roys(Versailles)
Royal Hotel(Versailles)
Hotel d'Angleterre(Versailles)
Hotel de France(Versailles)
  • Restaurant
L'Orangeraie(Versailles)
  • Room Service
All reviewstrain stationrooms are smallchateau de versaillesexcellent locationshort walkbuffet stylereasonable valuecar parkshort stayleave the carjust round the cornerrer cthe air conditioningcroissantswould stay againhotel is perfectrive gauche
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Typical Ibis Hotel. Small rooms but everything you would expect in budget hotel - shower hairdryer but noisy AC. Private parking underground and a short walk for hotel. Excellent location for visiting Palace of Versailles. Standard breakfast. Staff helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms eat the back of the hotel are quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I ordered from the Ibis restaurant asking if I could get food to go (take away) and was told yes. While waiting the man at the check in desk came over and asked if I was staying at the hotel. I was staying about a block away. I said no and he said I had to eat in the restaurant if I was not taking the food to my room at the hotel Ibis.

He was very rude and said something about tourists and stupid. I had to leave without any food.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Braskaball
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Located close to the train station, and just a short walk from the chateau. In room wi-fi was spotty but that may have been because I was at the end of the hall. Not one of the nicer Ibis hotels I've stayed at. There is a more upscale hotel (Pullman) around the corner, and it might be worth considering unless you are on a budget. The bed was not very comfortable, and the bathroom was very small.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank HowlinTom
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This Ibis is in an absolutely perfect location. It is almost directly opposite Versailles Rive Gauche RER station, which takes you into central Paris within about 30 minutes for a pittance. It is also round the corner from the Chateau itself, no more than a 10 minute walk away. So it's obviously ideal if you want to visit the Chateau, and the town of Versailles is very pleasant too so it can be used as a base for exploring central Paris if, as I found, budget hotels in the centre are all sold out.

I've stayed in a dozen or so Ibis hotels over the years, and this was the one with the best location - and the smallest rooms! The bathroom in particular was almost ridiculously small. Somehow - by a miracle of design - they had managed to fit in a shower cubicle, toilet and washbasin in a space smaller than most downstairs loos have. You''ve got to admire the ingenuity! The bed was a double bed but you couldn't wheel a suitcase from one end of the room to the other because there wasn't enough room between the bed and the wall. But somehow, the room worked and it didn't feel as cramped as it ought to have done. I suppose it's all in the design. I was travelling alone, though, and it might have been more annoying with two of us staying there. As for the idea of getting kids in as well or a third bed, forget it!

It was very hot when I stayed but the air con didn't work - only the heating function came on, which was hardly helpful. However I found that by opening the window fully and hanging the curtain in front of the window hole, I could keep the room reasonably cool.

My main problem with the hotel was the cock-up about my length of stay. I'd booked 3 nights on the internet, but the chap on reception said it was only 1 night. Luckily I had retained proof and so the problem was solved, but not before he came into my room, having knocked first admittedly but even so, I don't expect hotel staff to just march into my room, even if there is a problem like that. Why couldn't he have phoned? It made me suspicious, though nothing did go missing from my stuff so perhaps I was wrong to be suspicious. Perhaps. I still don't understand why the reception guy came into my room. If he thought I was out, why did he enter? If he knew I was in, he should have waited for me to answer the door.

The other irritating thing was the fact that, every night, my key card refused to work and had to be re-programmed. Every night! It's not what you want at the end of a long day. From the reaction I got from reception, this is a regular problem. Time for a new key card system, it would seem. This Ibis did appear a bit in need of a refurb. My shower ran hot and cold all the time which was also annoying.

So, to sum up - great location and if you can get a good price like I did, I would recommend it. But at full price of €120 a night I think you could get a better standard of hotel. There were too many little annoyances.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank sfuhere
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Unlike the Palace this is not a five star experience but similar to the Palace it is very good value for money and the location is superb.

Secure underground parking gives you comfort in an area close to the station where one could anticipate uneasiness leaving the car on the street.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple