“Very good hotel for visiting the Palace of Versailles”

Pullman Chateau de Versailles
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Versailles
GreenLeadersGold level
Hamlton
“Very good hotel for visiting the Palace of Versailles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

The location of the hotel was excellent for our visit to the Palace. We had a very comfortable room overlooking the fore court of the Palace and the road outside was very busy with people and traffic. The room was quiet and we enjoyed the views from the room. The staff were above expectation and looked after us very well.

Room Tip: The corner room at the front of the hotel was excellent
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent and the staff were very friendly. The modern reception and comfortable bar/restaurant area are very appealing but unfortunately the 2 rooms we were given were old, dark and dirty.

We complained about the first room because the air-con didn't work and the staff were very quick to move us to a better room which was larger and much brighter. The air-con initially worked in this room but we soon discovered that it wasn't very effective.

The staff talked about rooms being renovated soon, but this is no excuse for charging 200 euro's per night for a sub standard room. This is definitely not a 4 star hotel !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Graham C

Travelers are raving about these Versailles hotels

Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Very nicemodern hotel with price to match, but excellent location a few hundred metres from the forecourt of the Chateau, and in the other direction from the wonderful old RER station (Rive Gauche). I refused to pay €25 for buffet breakfast (or even €13 for a smaller selection) and went to a café by the bus station and spent only €5.25. Room was very pleasant once I worked out the lights (why oh why can't hotels make lights and TVs easy to use?) and I had a small balcony looking out on a bit of old Versailles. Only small quibble - why when I order a taxi do I get an unnecessary limo service which charged me €25 to go 6 kms.?

Versailles is a nice change from frenetic Paris and I would certainly look to stay here when visiting on holiday.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Public areas nice, modern and spacious, rooms ok, bathrooms nothing special, comfy beds.
You can eat in the bar area as well as the restaurant, bit less formal, great secure underground car park if you have a nice sports car, with forgiving access too. Staff surprisingly friendly and helpful !
The Palace is in view of the front of this hotel, so ideal location. There are an abundance of shops and restaurants in a walkable distance too. There is a steam room and a sauna on the 4th floor which you need to warm up for 20 mins prior to using, but nice after a long day walking around the Palace and extensive grounds. Tip, buy your ticket from the tourist office next door to this hotel and avoid any queues......

Room Tip: Third floor was very quiet, but I don't think any floor would be too noisy
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Karine-Escurat, Directeur général at Pullman Chateau de Versailles, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your very nice comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Versailles Hotel.
It's always a pleasure to receive positive comments as it's our aim to make stay of our guests as enjoyable as possible.
We do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back,
Best Regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a good 4 star hotel, in a fantastic location right by the Palace of Versailles. Beware though, as with the Pullman at Charles de Gaulle, the restaurant closes at 10pm. Rooms are good and very comfortable. At 25 euro, breakfast is expensive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Karine-Escurat, Directeur général at Pullman Chateau de Versailles, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much to share your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Versailles Hotel.
Your feedback is very important for us as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.
We hope to welcome you back,
Best Regards,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was staying at the Pullman Hotel Versailles for four days from the 1st of October till the 5th where I checked out .

The services of the hotel were good and so was the hotel overall but I felt discriminated on a few occasions and I would like the hotel people to know this as when I tried explaining that to one of the staff his face was blank as if I was talking gibberish hence I am writing it down here .

I was visiting Versailles for work and used to leave the hotel after breakfast .

On my first day itself I saw that the staff was not warm in the breakfast room , they did not even greet me as I entered , do I took a seat and on ordering an omelette the woman made a blank face as if I had ordered a dead human being ; and while I waited on the table " BAM " the plate was slammed on my table by a waiter & he walked off .

I then saw him serving a plate of omelette to a French man with a Smile & a conversation . This came to me as a surprise .

Not just that , it did not end that day , but each day during breakfast I saw that I had to call out for tea , but the waiters used to go with the selection of tea bags to all those who were white or spoke French and started a conversation with them .

I though at first maybe this is my mistake so I did a little test , on my third day at breakfast I purpose chose to sit between two white folks and they spoke French , they entered as I entered and they were greeted , soon I saw that a man walks up to one man at one table with a smile and started a conversation and another man in a suit walks up to the other who sat on my left and asked him if he needed anything in French and then hot up a cappuccino. I was startled . I then as usual lifted my hand up to ask for tea and hot water .

I am sorry but this is the fact and I have experienced all this weird happenings while just eating breakfast at this hotel .

Well this is fine I do not mind an Indian staff walking up to me while I am in india and starting a conversation; but in india or any Asian countries we give equal importance to the foreigners too & treat them with utmost respect .

While I waited in the lobby too I saw the gentleman from the front desk would walk up with a smile and talk to all white people and have a chat but ignore the Asian folks like me and the Chinese while we sat there .

It is a pity , your country is under recession , we have paid you guys and still get a poor treatment .

We are not asking to be treated like kings , but all we ask for a smile and some warmth , which I am sorry I did not find in any of your staff .

You need to improve your hospitality standards to the root level where the waiters think that they are doing their job well but in fact they are not , they all look tired , frustrated , and just want to get away with things .

This is a hospitality business and a service industry if I do not like your service I am bound to write a comment like this and a person like me who travels the world knows when something has gone wrong & this hotel really needs a makeover in the staff behaviour .

I hope this matter will be investigated in depth and the concerned staff members are given training on how to behave and how to work under stressful situations . This kind of an atmosphere will really hamper your business .

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank superakh
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your comments about your experience at the Pullman Versailles Chateau. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations ; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer ; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to adress the problem and prevent future occurence.
General manager
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

An excellent Hotel ideally located for visits to the Chateau in Verseilles. Front desk staff both helpful and very friendly. Restaurant had a good choice of meals and was not expensively priced, but drinks were! Very clean, we will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your last stay at the Pullman Versailles Hotel.
It's always a pleasure for my team and I to receive positive feedback.
Staying at your disposal and waiting to welcome you again
Best regards