Hotel Le Louis Versailles Chateau, MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Versailles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a good 4 star hotel, in a fantastic location right by the Palace of Versailles. Beware though, as with the Pullman at Charles de Gaulle, the restaurant closes at 10pm. Rooms are good and very comfortable. At 25 euro, breakfast is expensive.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Karine-Escurat, Directeur général at Hotel Le Louis Versailles Chateau, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much to share your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Versailles Hotel.
Your feedback is very important for us as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.
We hope to welcome you back,
Best Regards,
Karine ESCURAT

There are newer reviews for Hotel Le Louis Versailles Chateau, MGallery by Sofitel

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was staying at the Pullman Hotel Versailles for four days from the 1st of October till the 5th where I checked out .

The services of the hotel were good and so was the hotel overall but I felt discriminated on a few occasions and I would like the hotel people to know this as when I tried explaining that to one of the staff his face was blank as if I was talking gibberish hence I am writing it down here .

I was visiting Versailles for work and used to leave the hotel after breakfast .

On my first day itself I saw that the staff was not warm in the breakfast room , they did not even greet me as I entered , do I took a seat and on ordering an omelette the woman made a blank face as if I had ordered a dead human being ; and while I waited on the table " BAM " the plate was slammed on my table by a waiter & he walked off .

I then saw him serving a plate of omelette to a French man with a Smile & a conversation . This came to me as a surprise .

Not just that , it did not end that day , but each day during breakfast I saw that I had to call out for tea , but the waiters used to go with the selection of tea bags to all those who were white or spoke French and started a conversation with them .

I though at first maybe this is my mistake so I did a little test , on my third day at breakfast I purpose chose to sit between two white folks and they spoke French , they entered as I entered and they were greeted , soon I saw that a man walks up to one man at one table with a smile and started a conversation and another man in a suit walks up to the other who sat on my left and asked him if he needed anything in French and then hot up a cappuccino. I was startled . I then as usual lifted my hand up to ask for tea and hot water .

I am sorry but this is the fact and I have experienced all this weird happenings while just eating breakfast at this hotel .

Well this is fine I do not mind an Indian staff walking up to me while I am in india and starting a conversation; but in india or any Asian countries we give equal importance to the foreigners too & treat them with utmost respect .

While I waited in the lobby too I saw the gentleman from the front desk would walk up with a smile and talk to all white people and have a chat but ignore the Asian folks like me and the Chinese while we sat there .

It is a pity , your country is under recession , we have paid you guys and still get a poor treatment .

We are not asking to be treated like kings , but all we ask for a smile and some warmth , which I am sorry I did not find in any of your staff .

You need to improve your hospitality standards to the root level where the waiters think that they are doing their job well but in fact they are not , they all look tired , frustrated , and just want to get away with things .

This is a hospitality business and a service industry if I do not like your service I am bound to write a comment like this and a person like me who travels the world knows when something has gone wrong & this hotel really needs a makeover in the staff behaviour .

I hope this matter will be investigated in depth and the concerned staff members are given training on how to behave and how to work under stressful situations . This kind of an atmosphere will really hamper your business .

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank superakh
Karine-Escurat, Directeur général at Hotel Le Louis Versailles Chateau, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your comments about your experience at the Pullman Versailles Chateau. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations ; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer ; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to adress the problem and prevent future occurence.
General manager

Reviewed October 5, 2013

An excellent Hotel ideally located for visits to the Chateau in Verseilles. Front desk staff both helpful and very friendly. Restaurant had a good choice of meals and was not expensively priced, but drinks were! Very clean, we will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your last stay at the Pullman Versailles Hotel.
It's always a pleasure for my team and I to receive positive feedback.
Staying at your disposal and waiting to welcome you again
Best regards

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We booked this hotel for 2 nights over a weekend. It was easy to find on the rue de Paris, in a very convenient position for the palace of versailles and many other versailles attractions. We travelled via train and walked for 10 minutes from versailles chantiers station, but if you happen to arrive from the versailles rive gauche station then it would take half the time. The pullman really is in a great location for so many attractions, shops, restaurants, transport and tourist amenities.
The hotel is set back from the pavement slightly with its own little courtyard with topiary bushes and lighting. The reception, lounge, bar and restaurant areas downstairs are very attractively decorated in a modern minimalist style, smart and comfortable. Free international news papers.
We took one of the two lifts to the 4th floor where we had room 412. Decor upstairs was quite traditional and welcoming but would benefit a freshen-up. Our room was an adequate size for two, with a firm but very comfortable kingsize bed with a white covered duvet and plenty of pillows. We both slept well. The room also had a good size wardrobe with safe, suitcase stand, writing desk and chair, tv over the minibar/fridge cabinet , coffee table with armchair, bedside cabinets, balcony and aircon. We did have to ask for a replacement kettle as it had a split lid and the tv remote was missing. Both were supplied within 30 minutes by the most helpful staff on reception. Tea and coffee was available for making in the room and a bottle of water per day from the fridge. There were double french doors and a small step up onto the small balcony that had no furniture but faced out from the side of the hotel towards the palace that can be seen over the rooftops. We watched some of the palace fireworks for free from there. The bathroom was well appointed with toilet, basin and over bath shower. All working but could have done with some refurbishment or replacing. Very nice toiletries, soft towels, nailcare pack, makeup removal pack, slippers and bathrobe. The extractor in the bathroom didn't seem to clear any steam and hours later after showering a small mysterious puddle of clean water would appear on the floor just in front of the marble sink counter, we think from a hidden area of condensation. But for a weekend stay, no fuss. The shower head was a bit limp, but water temperature and pressure more than compensated.
In short some areas of 412 needed a little attention but on the whole served well for 3 days comfort.
We ate breakfast at the pullman, there was plenty of choice of cooked, smorgasbord, fruit, cereals, breads, pastries, jams, yoghurt, juices, tea and coffee. Nespresso machines if you fancied it.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful, offering advice and assistance at every opportunity. We were able to store our luggage securely at the hotel for hours between checkout and departure at no cost.
I would choose this hotel again for its location and service.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Versailles Hotel.
We are happy that your experience meet your expectation and we do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have stayed at other 4 star hotels in Versailles and been very happy. This one however is very tired, we did have a deluxe room I think it was called, not the basic room, and whilst the room itself was okay (reasonable size) the bathroom was very poor. Broken tiles on the floor, around the base of the bath, very ordinary beige tiles so when broken and cracked did not look very good at all. We were disappointed and it just did not look clean or inviting.
Having said that however the staff could not have been nicer, we were only there for 2 nights, had we been staying longer I would have asked to see other rooms, as you did not look forward to going back to your room as a little haven for tired travellers. Good location, quite expensive for what you got, when you go over 200 Euro per night, I do not expect broken and tired bathrooms in a 4 star establishment. Unless the rooms have been refurbished I would try elsewhere. I have read other reviews where they say overall not good value, or yes, the rooms could do with a makeover, unfortunately I read that on my return!! but agree completely.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WizardCanberra
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had a reception to attend at the Palaise de Congres so The Pullman was perfect as we could walk there in just 6 minutes. From our hotel window on the 4th floor we could see the fireworks display at the Chateau de Versailles! The staff were really helpful and friendly, the breakfast was good with some superb French pastries and there was a good little bar with some choice beers. Yes, the rooms could do with a makeover but the beds were very comfortable and we slept well for both nights of our stay. We will return!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your comments regarding your experience at the Pullman Versailles Hotel.
It's always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in a near future
Best Regards