Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $46.10
from $129.00
from $30.00
10,636 results
All reviews audio guide in advance rer c security line buy your tickets long queue museum pass arrive early train station skip the line central paris ticket office golf cart marie antoinette fountain show tour group waiting in line
Reviewed yesterday

A visit to Paris will be incomplete without visiting this grand palace palace which is really exotic and grand I book the tickets through online so that you can skip the queue and enter inside the Palace but even then I booked online there was a long queue waiting for the online ticket holders so I got inside in 45 minutes so there was the security check for everybody , it houses the largest decorations, intricate paintings , rooms, porticoes , sculptures , art gallery , church , Hall of Mirrors in Paris as you walk to Wok inside rooms it is very beautifully decorated with architectural sculptures and the screens the carpet the wood finish works it was very grand and you feel as if you will get immersed in the french history visiting the persons Palace will take at least a day so make a plan to visit this palace in the early morning hours when it open entry first inside the palace in the morning hours I can spend visiting the palace and the afternoon we can spend visiting the Gardens and there is a small Petite Tianom Palace which is few hundred meters walk-able from it that there is also and battery operated at train which will take you to the pattern Palace which is situated other side corner of the of gardens you can easily spend a day. The symphony fountains is mother major attraction where you can see the fountains dancing in accordance with the music that is being played as you wonder inside the Gardens you will really enjoy the beautiful manicure and Gardens the shrubs and bushes around which is very maintained.

Reviewed yesterday

Getting to Versailles takes some time, but is worth it. We had to take an RER train from Paris to get to Versailles. The trip was smooth and comfortable. We went early. We did not give ourselves enough time to visit the gardens or other areas beyond the Palace. The town of Versailles is a nice, quiet town when you get away from the tourist attractions. The Palace is amazing. The tours are done individually with a hand held MP3 type machine. They are adequate and you can move on to something else if you have seen enough. As a student I learned about the French Revolution, but I had no idea why the common people wanted to depose the monarchy. After a couple of hours looking at the opulence of Versailles, I understand a little more about their motivations. This place is really amazing. Nice place to visit. It will take most of a day and you could spend more time in the area.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Before I begin to write, I just want to point out that if you are planning on coming to Versailles you need a lot of time, hence the title. Now that is out of the way, few things to consider before planning. 1. Time, get to Versailles early or late afternoon like around 3 pm (the sun is reckless to be standing in a long line). 2. When you are taking the train, be advise and warn that Versailles is considered outside of Paris, so your train tickets won't work. You will need to purchase another tickets getting to the station. The round trip is about 14.20 euros. So please have that change with you. 3. Have bottle of water and an umbrella if you are here during the summer time, the lines are very long. 4. Even if you have purchased your tickets online, for some odd reason you still have to be in line, but it is good to have them. 5. This is an important tip: If you prefer you can go to the Gardens first and later you can go the Palace, to save time and enjoy more. There is no line for the Gardens because everyone is trying to get into the Palace. My advise: Go to the Gardens first and enjoy and have a great walk before all the other people get there, and then go to the Palace. The choice if yours!

I hope these tips help, and that you do enjoy your travel to Versailles.

Now, for the inside tip, if you are lover of art yes, this is the palace to enjoy and admire all the beauty and things that it has to offer. As I said before you need TIME. A lot of it actually and can't rush much. The Palace gets narrow with all the people inside, but you still can appreciate the art, the decor, and much much more.

Getting out of the Palace, you will enter the Gardens, only if you have chosen to go to the Palace first, but if you have been to the Gardens first, then you won't have to worry about reading this part. This is for those who are going to the Palace first. After finishing enjoying and exploring the Palace, you will be led to the Gardens. The sight is precious, breath taking. Have an umbrella, water bottle and comfortable shoes to walk around. You can rent a gold cart, but I prefer walking and enjoying more. You can go down to the water activity and get a small boat to do the aquatic activity as well, if you prefer.

I highly recommend this for those who have a lot of time and want to enjoy a whole day at Versailles. Have fun and don't get exhausted standing in the line...

P.S. I will upload photos later for Versailles.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Chateau Versailles is a beautifully decorated building. I enjoyed very much its theatre and chapel. However, beyond that, it was a nightmare to
visit the main areas of the Palace (King’s and Queen’s apartments). There were too many people. Some are in groups who blocked the way while listening to their explanations. Others were individual travelers like me who were just stuck behind all these commotion. Better organization is definitely allowed. They need to limit the number of people in the buildings by having us on timed groups. I did not enjoy the Palace at all.

My experience however turned to the better. The gardens are lovely to explore. I loved the Orangery (I think I was one of four people there). I also enjoyed the buildings and gardens that make up Domaine Trianon. I ended staying the whole day.

Reviewed 2 days ago

We purchased tickets online and got to the Palace at about 9.30 am. The queues for security were fine, but even so there were very big tours filling most of the rooms in the King's Quarters. Versailles is a funny sort of place. Most of it was essentially ransacked and then re-established as a museum in the 18th century. Most of the tour is of fairly limited interest really and most people head straight for the Kings Apartments which are extremely crowded, even early on in the day in November. However we wiled away an interesting few hours here and when we left the queues outside were absolutely crazy, even with prebooked tickets. I dread to think what it would be like in high season. You have to visit because it's such an important part of French history but it's not necessarily a particularly pleasant experience. You could just do a tour of the Opera House instead to see the same magnificent design and opulence.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Upon reaching the palace, long queues of tourist can be seen but once you got in, amazement sets it. Wonderful place to visit with lots and lots of gardens. Worthy to be called a palace.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Love the place so much history takes half of the day to see Versalles you can get there by bus, train, wich is the must cheap way

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Great day at the palace despite the rain. S must see for visitors to Paris. Easy to get to from the city. Either get there early or book a tour to avoid long lines. Would recommend the golf buggy to explore the vast gardens.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Unless you actually visit, it is hard to believe that places like this actually exist. My tour group went to Versailles so we had tickets and could walk right in. There was not a big line anyway, this is why I like traveling in November. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable about what happened in the Palace both past and present. All of this information was extremely helpful so that I had a better understanding of all the pieces in the Lourve, which was also a Palace. It is one thing to just wander around but it is a whole other thing to be reminded of how extravagant the royal family was compared to how hungry the rest of the city was. If you are planning to go, I would suggest doing some homework to learn about what it is you are actually going to see. Once you see how massive and extravagant this place is, you will be glad you learned a little bit about how this Palace was used and the reason why it was so exotic. Really fascinating stuff.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Okay, you can read the other reviews about the place. It's fantastic. Hall of Mirrors is most important to see.

Somehow, we had our visit with barely anyone else there! At first I thought because it was in October, but now I am reading reviews from November complaining about the crowds! Hmmm. Well, we visited in the late afternoon (got there around 2:30pm) on a Thursday in October. I swear - a tiny amount of people there. So that is one tip - sort of. Maybe we just caught it at a time when no large tour groups were coming through?

Second tip, it is easy to get here using the Paris transit system *****BUT***** I have a warning for you. By this particular Thursday, my wife and I were veterans of Paris transit, using trams, buses, the metro and the trains to zip around like we were locals. However...

You get on the train (not talking about the metro here) inside Paris and you can use it by paying the regular ticket price (1.90 euro). That is fine, as long as you stay within the boundary of Paris. Versailles is NOT within the boundary of Paris. Soooo, you need to purchase a special ticket (more expensive, but still worth it) to take you to Versailles. Then you'll be fine. My wife and I, we were....not fine.

Let's just say that we enjoyed the Paris transit system so much we made a very generous donation to the cause...to the tune of 100 euros fine. Oh well, I made the mistake so you can avoid making it.

2  Thank 636darylk