“Found once visited 3 times..fab!”
Review of Chez Lazare

Chez Lazare
Ranked #11 of 423 Restaurants in Versailles
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Found once visited 3 times..fab!”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

This is a little gem ,Mark from our hotel recommended this restaurant .It was a top recomendation.The food was so good we went 3 nights whilst in Versaille twice for food and once for coffee.I had scallops that where cooked to perfection followed by salmon tartar..unbelievable!
My wife had snails both nights they where that good..we could not fault this restaurant everything was fab,the food, the service,the setting,the atmosphere and the value for money.
My wife and i are well travelled and have dined in some top restaurants,but this is special.
If in Versaille don't miss out

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Rommers69

• Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Sweet restaurant within walking distance from Chateau”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Perfect end to an exhausting day! We sat outside on a sweet pedestrian street - the food was excellent, service was wonderful. A great choice after along day visiting Versailles and all its glory!

Visited April 2011
2 Thank laulipop
Chicago, Illinois
“A Great Find Near The Palace Of Versailles”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

This is a terrific little bistro in the shadow of the famous chateau. Friendly service, charming outdoor tables, a nice variety of food and (as my daughter put it) "the best damn escargot ever" made this one of the nicest meals we had in France. Spend the day exploring the massive palace then collapse in this great little joint for recuperation.

1 Thank Firefly60614
“Well worth a visit!”
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We found this little place early luckily as the outside space filled up quickly. The food is simple but it tasted ever so good, great choice on the menu, good for families, simply delicious desserts! Lots of different nationalities there all enjoying the food and atmosphere.

1 Thank Nedalina
“Best food I had in France!”
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Rick Steves recommended we try out Chez Lazare while on a day trip to Versailles. The food was amazing, the prices were reasonable, but definitely worth it! I recommend the warm Camembert with honey, the duck with honey/balsamic sauce and the profiteroles. As a side, I recommend you get the baked potato. You will not be disappointed. My friend got a salad with foie gras and she loved it. My other friend got warm mussels with a hint of cream and she loved it as well. Their wine is good too. Overall, great experience and definitely one of the highlights of my six week tour of France.