“A great change to staying in hotels”
Review of Villa Versailles

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Versailles
Villa Versailles
Ranked #1 of 8 Versailles B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I normally stay in hotels on regular business trips. On this occasion I was late booking and found it impossible to get a hotel at a reasonable price. I found Villa Versailles almost by accident and was encouraged by the excellent reviews here on Trip Advisor. In short.... they're not all wrong. From the time I first received a call in reply to my voice-mail, I felt welcomed and this only increased as time went on. I was arriving late in the evening and this seemed to pose no difficulty to my Hostess. She met me and showed me around before enquiring about my breakfast requirements. Breakfast was delivered promptly in the morning and the quality was excellent. On the consecutive mornings the breakfasts were top quality with a little variety thrown in each day. The accommodation was spacious, clean and cosy, I lacked for nothing but even if there was something missing, I feel it would only have been an enquiry away. The location hit two main points for me, It was close to where I needed to go for work and also close to the centre of Versailles for food and entertainment.
Recommendations for restaurants (and local attractions) were excellent, although I had little time to really enjoy many of them.
The whole experience was very warm and homely and a breath of fresh air from the less personal hotel experience.
I will definitely be making this my first choice in the Versailles area for either business or pleasure trips.

Room Tip: There is only one!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank pyroTDublin
villaversailles, Propriétaire at Villa Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Mark
Thank you so much for writing this nice comment.
It was a real pleasure having you and I hope next time you wil come with family.
I am trying my best to make Villa Versailles a warm place, and make people fell like home.
When I read your comment, I think I can say I succeeded !!!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

What a gem!
A perfect private little house in the owner's garden. An ideal location for exploring most of Versailles on foot. The house is very well equipped and tastefully decorated with quality furnishings. Vanessa is delightful.,
Puk and Michael
Vancouver, canada

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PukJ_12

Dear Puk and Michael,
Thank you very much for taking time to write a comment.
What a trip you have been making around France for the last months !
I am glad Versailles and Villa Versailles (and my homemade fig jam) were part of it !
Enjoy you last moments in Paris!
Thanks for the DVD
Take care

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Perfect stay in this lovely house! The hostess was both accommodating, servicminded and very patient with our three young, energetic boys and their different needs. The house is lovely decorated and has everything you need, including free parking. Location is quiet and central. Versailles was a good base for seeing the Paris area, and a great alternative to staying in the city, especially if you plan to have a car. Don't miss the castle gardens! Our children loved it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Maja,
Thank you so much for taking time to write a comment .
I am glad the whole family enjoyed Villa Versailles and Versailles.
Your 3 boys are great ! A special hello to my little friend Linus !
See you soon !

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had originally planned to spend three nights here, based on recommendations on Trip Advisor. However, there was so much we wanted to do in Paris, we realized we needed to be in the heart of the city, so we changed our reservation to stay just one night at Villa Versailles. Vanessa was very gracious with this change in our plans. She was very friendly, gave great advice, and made us a wonderful breakfast. She also called us a cab to take us to Paris, and let us stay in the house until the cab came, even though it was well after checkout time. The property itself if perfect for either a couple or a family. We would like to have stayed longer because here you can choose to eat out (lots of choices in the area) or buy local food and fix your own meal in the little kitchen. There is a lovely courtyard and the little house is quite private. And the bed was the most comfortable one of our entire trip! I heartily recommend Villa Versailles.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
villaversailles, Propriétaire at Villa Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Robin,
Thanks a lot for taking time to write a comment on your stay.
It was a pleasure having you at Villa Versailles and I was happy to be helpfull with the organization of your stay.
I am glad you had time to visit the palace and enjoy a little bit more Paris as it was your first stay in this wonderful city.
Take care
Sincerely
vanessa

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The only bed and breakfast in Versailles with a hôtesse who speaks Greek !!!
A greek family of four came to discover the charming city of Versailles and its surroundings and we discovered the most cute b+b ever. Delicious breakfast and even a cooking class where we all learned to make macarons with Vanessa, our hostess. Villa Versailles is a perfect little indepedent house just a few minutes from the palace and ideal for families, very clean , good bedding, calm, decorated with perfect taste.
A place we highly recommend!!!

1  Thank Filopant
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We had been travelling around Europe for 5 weeks and wanted to take the kids to Paris whilst exploring an area we had not been to before. This little self-contained house, next to the owner's house and with its own access, was perfect for us. We were made to feel very welcome by Vanessa, and enjoyed a delicious breakfast delivered to the table every morning. The property is easy walking to the Palace and Gardens, restaurants and railway station. We found the crowds at the Palace too much so simply hopped on a train to Paris and had a great time there. Vanessa gave us many excellent tips and recommendations, and our stay here was a highlight of the trip.

1  Thank Neil R
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was a cool oasis in a travellers hotspot. You feel like a local as you have your own entrance and are moments from nearby shops, but you are also close to the train stations and the palace. The owner was extremely welcoming of myself, husband and baby and continued to make us feel at home throughout the stay. Breakfasts were provided daily and were gorgeous. The property is very clean, has everything you could need yet is completely detached. Lovely bathroom & shower that even my tall husband could stand under. Cot bed & highchair were provided as well as extra towels for the little one. Vanessa recommended places to go with our baby as well as restaurants. We will definately stay there again - next time for longer

Room Tip: Book early to avoid dissapointment