“Great Meal right in Trianon Palace”

Gordon Ramsay au Trianon
Reserve with
Gordon Ramsay au Trianon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 434 Restaurants in Versailles
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Delight in a masterful feast for the senses at our Michelin-starred restaurant. Exquisite French cuisine by chef Frederic Larquemin is served against the backdrop of the park of the Chateau de Versailles.
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Even with Gordon no longer at the helm everything about this meal was top notch from start to end and OH BOY did it end well with 4 desserts!!

1  Thank lanzmo

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great food, great atmosphere, friendly staff and at the centre of the strip!!
Its expensive but its the little things that makes it worth it.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were pleased that the tables were well spaced and we had a view of sheep grazing in the Trianon grounds. The waiters were most efficient but also had good English and a sense of humour and seemed to enjoy recitation of the complex dishes contents.

We chose the Prestige menu but declined matching wines by the glass as we are both predominantly red wine drinkers. My highlight was my very first mouthful - a cornet of crab topped with a tomato sorbet - divine and surprising. My husbands favourite was the fois gras on a bed of iced beetroot in a strawberry sauce. He said it to him tasted like an icecream with an unusual texture.

Everything was well presented and perfectly cooked but as the meal progressed I longed for just one honest plain flavour such as a potato with my lamb. almost every course had a sweet flavour even the fish was served with watermelon.

if only the refreshing mint sorbet had been less minuscule. I normally really enjoy desserts as I only have them when we go out to dine. I don't like leaving food but I struggled by the time I had enjoyed a pre dessert, large dessert, chocolates, marshmallows then another dessert appeared. so my note of caution is that this is a large meal and although portion of vegetables fish and meat are small unless you are very sweet toothed you would be wiser to eat a la carte!

Taste of course is very personal but I didn't enjoy this meal after the first three or so courses as much as a simple chateaubriand and crepe suzette. I normally find it hard to know whether I should select £ or ££ etc but on this occasion easy as I think this was certainly ££££ as was over £500 for two of us with one of the most reasonable bottles of wine on the menu!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We recently had the prix fixe lunch at this wonderful restaurant, and it was worth every euro! The room was beautiful with a great view, the food was excellent, and the service was top-notch. The little extras were enjoyable, the food we ordered was spot on and brilliantly presented, and the servers were exactly what one would expect at a restaurant of this caliber. It was the perfect way to kick off vacation.

1  Thank LPinFL
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We went here for our fourth anniversary dinner. We are so very happy for the service we received. We were very lucky to have a table. As we were staying in the hotel, we called up at 4pm that afternoon to see if they had. A reservation. They initially said no, but when we mentioned we were staying in the hotel, they pulled some strings and we ended with a 930 pm booking.
We arrived and the waiter, jean-Francois said he had managed to get us the best table in the house, nd indeed he had. What follows was a dream. We got the decouverte degutation menu at 123 E each. The kind sommelier said that he would match the wines for us, and he did a perfect job, and introduced us to wines we didn't even know existed - including a Corsican wine that we had never tasted anything like before.
The flavours and tastes were amazing, fois gras with beet root and raspberry, scallop and beef dumpling, the most delicious lamb ever, crab mousse, green tea sorbet and lots of free courses and palate cleansers. They also sent us home with a free orange syrup cake!

All in all, thak you for such a special experience and for fitting us in last minute. For those other reviewers wo thik it's all flash and no taste, that is unfortunate as we had one of the best meals of our lives at this 2 Michelin star restaurant.

2  Thank Missmiss4444