“Great restaurant in a hotel ”

La Veranda by Gordon Ramsay
Reserve a Table
Wed, 7/17
8:00 PM
Ranked #53 of 501 Restaurants in Versailles
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Discover the continental and contemporary cuisine of the brasserie "La Véranda by Gordon Ramsay", offering an outdoor terrace and a magnificient view over the park of the Château de Versailles.
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Dined here 2 times. We had the Mediterranean Share platter and a Panini with a great Summer Splash Drink, containing frozen fruit ice cubes.

Next time we had Chicken Caesar Salad Boat and French Hamburger with Pomes Frits.

Wonderful service staff each time. Delicious and well prepared food.

Date of visit: May 2019
Grégoire S, General Manager at La Veranda by Gordon Ramsay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your visit.
I am pleased that you dined 2 times and that you enjoyed any of your meals.
Hoping that we shall have the chance to serve you agin in the future.
Sincerely

Reviewed June 4, 2019

We dined at La Veranda during our stay at the Waldorf Trianon. The atmosphere is nice, the food and wine are delicious, and the staff are wonderful. It is a little pricey at about 300 euros for a party of 4 with a bottle of wine and beer, but it included an appetizer, dinner, and dessert. We are glad we gave it a try.

We also ate breakfast here each morning during our hotel stay (5 days). I cannot comment on price as it was included with our diamond membership. But I can say that the food was abundant and delicious. We enjoyed breakfast more than dinner. The staff during breakfast were attentive and friendly.

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your visit and thank you for your compliments about your dinner and about the "delicious" breakfast you ate. I am glad that you appreciated the friendliness and the professionalism of our team members.
Hoping that we shall have the chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2019

We ate here for dinner and breakfast. Dinner was better, but breakfast was serviceable. They had a set menu for those who dared--2 main dishes. So, I had both fish and steak. Everything was near perfection.

The young man, Dimitri, who served us was kind, attentive and comfortable in both English and tolerant of my broken French. We were able to see the kitchen at the other restaurant; so, we know that they were fastidiously clean.

Worthy of patronage.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your visit and thank you for sharing your comments about the dinner and the breakfast you ate in our restaurant La Veranda. I am pleased that you enjoyed them.
Looking forward to your next visit.
Sincerely

Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

We had breakfast here while staying in the hotel and it ticked all the boxes. However, we ate here the first night for dinner and the portions were small, my fish was luke warm, and the prices were double other restaurants in town that were better. Sorry, Gordon, not up to snuff.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your visit and thank you for sharing your experience.
I regret to see that your dinner was not up to your expectations and I hope that you will let us another chance to redeem ourselves in the future.
Most sincerely,

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

I love tv Gordon Ramsey. So of course I wanted to eat here. We stopped at lunch. Interesting their lunch menu is the same as the dinner menu. Weird.
We didn’t want a big lunch so we had 2 appetizers. I’d say the best thing about lunch was the bread. My appetizer was uneatable and the other was bland.

Service was also very forgettable.

Prices extreme. Forget about this place.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your visit.
I am sorry to see that you only take 2 appetizers and that you did not enjoy.
Regreting this situation.