“Not a Indian taste”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I've been there last week. This is the second time there .every dish is like creamy mild .as a spicy lover i've ordered chicken madras omg it's creamy mild I never seen any curry specially madras mild.thats a cheating the Pakistani owner should have learn more about Indian food.i've found another Indian restaurant in sevres named le taj mahal .service was absulately good .decoration likes Taj Mahal chicken madras was really hot and original flavor .real Indian restaurant with real teste .i don't know why people going to sandrani for having Indian food?

3  Thank Aiyaan

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant based on the good reviews it had received on this website. We were not disappointed. The food was very good, the waiter was very attentive and was happy to speak to us in English. We spotted 2 other restaurants close by but they only had a handful of people in whereas Shandrani was almost full. We are originally from Pakistan so know the difference between authentic food and food made for the Western palate - this restaurant serves good quality, authentic food and it's all reasonably priced too. A big thumbs up and we'll certainly stop here again next time we are in Versailles.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is my first review of a restaurant. I feel so strongly about this restaurant it has the honor of being my first review. This restaurant is a small venue situated down a small street. The service is blatent in your face rude (mainly the young lad) whom I feel has an issue with the English. Firstly if you are expecting a curry experience & taste that you may find back in the UK, you wont get it here. Having waited 55 minutes from ordering our meals to receiving our starter. We where told they forgot to place our order with the kitchen. When taking our starter away. Our fork & knife was placed back on the table, dirty awaiting our main. I ordered a Madras, having a spicy taste. This was as mild as a masala. My wifes meal was a rogan josh, this was a yellow butter curry like a korma. On the other hand the food was rather tasty, obviously catering for the french palet. The Service was eye-twitchingly bad. We chose this venue as recommended by the reviews. I cant help but feel they may have written them themselves. Furious with our experience!! Should have got to the Taj Mahal at the bottom of the street, better location.

1  Thank SensibleReviews
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I'm a great fan of this friendly but discreet family-run Indian restaurant. The ambiance is classy and the food is really excellent ... i think it would be difficult to find better Indian cuisine in France.
Living in Versailles for many years, when I think Indian food, it is the Shandrani ... and it's a few doors away from the Roxanne cinema which shows intelligent films in VO.
For a cinema and restaurant evening, this is the place!

1  Thank Dom55