“Great place for bucket of mussels and plate of oysters”
Review of L'Atlas

L'Atlas
Ranked #5,419 of 17,520 Restaurants in Paris
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Friendly service and fantastic seafood!!! We had a bucket of mussels and plate of assorted oysters with a Belgian white beer, totally hit the spot. Great location for shopping and people watching, the staff was very sweet and chatty with us. Eat here!

1  Thank tiffwilhelm
There are newer reviews for L'Atlas

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've been there with my mother and ordered a special of selected starter+main+ desert for 19 euros. The waiter told us we could change the main for any dish of the menu for a plus of 9 euros and we did it. When we asked for the bill it was charging both the special and the dish, but almost the full price what made the bill around 30 euros most expansive. I asked the waiter to check it and then he realized his mistake and sent another guy to talk to us and tell about the mistake. It was actually the full price of the main less 9 euros. I told that was not what the waiter told us and that I was not going to pay, I asked to speak to the manager and then the waiter got back "crying" that if we did not pay he would have to. In the end thats what happened, we paid for his mistake and all the dishes have a 15% service included. The waiter not only made us pay for something he has did wrong but made us pass through a very embarassing situation. The food was ok but the service was so poor that it does not even deserve a second chance. I'm definetely never going back there

1  Thank Paula B
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife had the mussels and frites and they were outstanding, as was the onion soup. I had the steak which was fine but I wouldn't go out of my way to order it again. There were some nice half bottles of wine and a delicious chocolate mousse. Sitting outside (with heating lamps) and watching the lively Saturday night crowd was the best part.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

A surly waitress only accentuated a very mediocre meal of steak and frittes. The steaks were tough. Fries were ordinary at best. Just nothing you couldn't have at Sizzler for a lot less $$$. Sure, you're people watching along the Rue De Buci in Paris, but this place is little more than a tourist trap. LOTS better places within a few hundred yards. Avoid.

1  Thank Billyspeed
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've been going to L'Atlas for years. Most of our out-of-town visitors love this place. There is always great people watching on the street. The waiters are attentive, most of them speak good English. This place is always open, too, so if you can't wait until after 8 PM for dinner, try this L'Atlas. It is not gourmet, but good overall food with a great selection. You can eat outside (under an awning if it's hot, cold, raining) or inside.

1  Thank SherryReckas