“Satisfying breakfast & kind service”
Review of le vrai paris

le vrai paris
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
le vrai paris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,624 of 16,978 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“Satisfying breakfast & kind service”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We chose this place for breakfast on a morning that called for more than a pain au chocolat. We had a fantastic little English breakfast here (11Euro per person) including our coffee, deliciously fresh orange juice, some eggs, French bacon, as well as pain au chocolat and some fresh fruit. Unlike some of the other reviews I read, we had no problems with mismatched prices or poor service. We sat outside of course, to enjoy Montmartre a bit more, and experienced excellent, friendly service! The waiter kindly helped us in both English and Spanish.

• Visited October 2013

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Chaotic service, but food was good”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Montmartre is a lively place, with lots of restaurants. We were staying in a hotel on the main street and chose this restaurant more or less at random.

We sat inside to avoid all the smokers at the street tables.

We assume that the waiter must have been at an early stage of his training, as he seemed incapable of remembering what we were ordering. I offered him a page from my notebook and a pen, but he eventually found a scrap of paper deep in his pocket.

There were three items on the Menu of the Day, so (on the basis that these are the freshest items) we ordered them. The first was a Cretan (seafood) salad and we ordered one each as a starter, but then realised that this was probably a main course so I raced after the waiter and told him only to bring one and that we would share it.

One main course was a swordfish steak and I was a bit concerned that the waiter asked me how I would like my steak cooked. I reminded him that it was fish, not meat......

The waiter clearly spoke no English, being probably of (recent) African origin. This is unusual, but not an issue for me as my French is reasonable after five years working in Francophone Africa.

Perhaps predictably, two huge salads arrived, so we reminded the waiter that we had asked for just one and got him to take one away, but then realised that the salad contained chicken and was not what we had ordered.

I went off and told the waiter and in due course another man (? the manager) arrived and suggested that the waiter was confused by my accent and thought we had ordered a Caesar Salad - but we then agreed that, actually, even the way I pronounced it, Caesar sounds nothing like Cretan......and that the waiter had got it wrong.

But it was all very good-humoured.....and non-confrontational.

The Cretan salad arrived in due course, followed by the main courses, without any further drama. And they were even quite good.

I was amazed when the bill turned out to be correct at €56 for the two of us.

On the way out, I found the manager and thanked him for the good entertainment.

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Average Tourist Montmartre cafe. So what.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I sat down had a coke enjoyed their wifi. People watched. I wasn't disturbed. It's average with average food and I was completely relaxed without a care in the world. Now that's what you should get from a cafe. Quiet and anonymous. The next day my friend and I returned. I had a great salad and people watched.

• Visited August 2013
Paris, France
“DISHONEST PLACE, MISLEADING MENU & VERY RUDE MANAGER”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

It is a hot summer evening and my friend and I decided to dine in this restaurant because they have tables outdoor.
We checked the menu in the street placed in front of the restaurant and placed our order right away. Food were so-so, nothing special.
And when the bill came, we were surprised that it is much more expensive than what we saw in the menu next to us in the street. Wine instead of 4.5 euros, became 6.5 euros. Food were 1 or 2 euros per plate more expensive. I pointed out to the waiter, a few minutes later, a manager came back and spoke to me in a very rough manner, he didn't explain anyway but simply say that if we do not pay he will call the police.
I told him the situation and he said that there were 2 menus, and he didn't change the menu outside (the cheaper one) and at night time they charge more.
He continued to threatened me saying that he's going to call the police. He wouldn't stop until the customers in the next table said something (after all it's not normal to have a manager speaking to a young lady in such rude manner). He finally let us paid the price that we are supposed to just because everyone is looking and he didn't want to make a scene. Now I am starting to read other reviews and apparently they are really dishonest. (check out google reviews, you will find out how they set up other traps!) Please never ever go there.

• Visited July 2013
Cosby, Tennessee
“Good breakfast spot...”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We picked this cafe because it was the only one open at 07:00 on a Saturday morning near our vacation rental apartment in the 18th district.

We both opted for the English breakfast which included coffee, orange juice, scrambled eggs, toast and in our case smoked salmon. Service was on the slow side probably because we opened the kitchen at our early hour. Orange juice in Paris is superior to our offerings in our winter residence in Florida. The rest of the breakfast was as expected with the exception of the smoked salmon which was more delicate than the American versions.

Overall a good morning experience.

Visited June 2013