“Great brasserie, fantastic service, good food”

Restaurant Capucine Cafe
Ranked #479 of 18,008 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Delicatessen, French, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Description: Capucine Cafe La Brasserie is a French quality restaurant. Our specials change every day
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Must have been our 3rd or 4th visit there.
Went there before a show at Olympia (across the road). We had about 30 minutes to sit, eat, pay and leave.
We first decided to go to the American Dream for a quick burger but it turned out to be a disaster so decided to go back to Le Capucine which we knew will. Old classics always work!

The maître D looked after us the whole time as they are used to customers in a rish like us.
He advised us what not to order, made us very comfortable and ensured we were served quickly and smoothly.
This is were quality shows: it was super fast but never ever were we made feel like it was rushed.
Service was fantastically friendly and with a great touch of humour.

Food was very decent. My wife changed dish half way through which usually is challenging to dare asking to a French waiter, specially given the circumstances, but they accepted it with no fuss.
Rosé wine was very good too.

We'll certainly be back for more!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Capucine Café has a great atmosphere and the food is delicious. I picked this restaurant because it was just a few blocks away from the starting point for one of the free walking tour provided by Discover Walks. I ended up doing 2 of the walking tours which is a great way to get your bearings and to meet other travelers.

I ordered the Breakfast Complete which is similar to the All American breakfast which has everything you would ever want in a breakfast.

When I ordered the Breakfast Complete, the waitress gave me that “typical” body language response because I was an American tourist. I know Parisians only have a croissant and an espresso for breakfast, but I was starving and I had about 2 hours to kill before my long walking tour. Isn’t the joy of Paris to enjoy the café scene too?
My breakfast was sooooo good. It was truly authentic Parisian food. The waitress first brought the fresh squeezed orange juice and my cappuccino. The cappuccino came with 2 sugars and biscotti cookie. Both were outstanding. Maybe it was my first real meal since leaving California, but I could taste every ingredient and the aromas were intoxicating.

My breakfast included: one big fluffy croissant, two slices of toast cut in halves, 3 different types of jellies, bread basket, ham and cheese omelet, slices tomatoes and zucchini with a light hollandaise type sauce. It was all so good and yes I ate every bite. My plate was clean. I’m usually a light eater as I get full pretty quickly, but the food was very good and nothing tasted heavy.

This was my first café experience and I am very glad it was with Capucine Café.

Alexandre_kf, Responsable relations publiques at Restaurant Capucine Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear client,

We have been very happy to see you at the Capucine Café, and glad to know that you enjoyed our specific breakfast.

We hope that you spend good holiday in Paris, and it is with a great pleasure that we will welcom you again at the Capucine Café.

Samia Abdelmalek.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a famous historical place in Paris for its art deco setting. The food is nothing special. Rather touristy but well located near the movie theaters and the Palais Garnier Opera / Ballet house.

Alxndre, Responsable relations clients at Restaurant Capucine Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear contributor

It seems that your visit is not held in our restaurant, but with our colleagues located between the Opera and Cinema "Paramount Opera".

For information, the decor of this restaurant was directed by Jacques Garcia, the famous French architect and designer.

Our restaurant, "Capucine Café" is located opposite the famous theater "Olympia" and the chef and our pastry chef will be happy to welcome you during your next visit to Paris.

Our address: 39 Boulevard des Capucines, 75002 Paris.

Best regards,

Alexander.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was our second visit to Restaurant Capucine. The first time we went was a couple of years ago with our three daughters in tow - just happened upon it when we had walked a very long way and all three girls were hungry and grouchy. We had a delightful experience with a very friendly server who made all of us feel very welcome in Paris. This time my husband and I were staying in a hotel nearby and went there with some friends who live near Paris. We had a very nice evening - good food and great service. There are many theaters nearby and it would be a good place to go for a before or after theater dinner.

Dear customers,

Thank you very much for your visit.
We are delighted that you enjoyed the time spent with us.

See you later.

best regards,
Alexander.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stopped here for breakfast. Weak and not very hot coffee followed by a poor omelette. I'd suggest paying a bit more and walking 5 mins down the road to Rue Royale where you will find Laduree. Not cheap but very classy.