“Tibet cousine, nice experience”
Review of Kokonor

Kokonor
Ranked #2,471 of 18,482 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Tibetan
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Reviewed October 17, 2012

went in out of curiosity, clean restaurant, a lot of "tipical" Tibetan decorations and pictures.
Food is ok, portions are huge, staff is kind and efficent.
Maybe not a must go, but worth of it.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Kokonor is on a side street facing a Paris mall, small, not exactly a flamboyant exterior, but it caught my daughter's eye, and I'm so glad it did. She had lamb curry, and I had "butter chicken", which I'd never had before. Dinner was served with crisp flatbread and various dipping sauces, which were delicious, and our main course was just fantastic. I mopped up every last bit of sauce with my naan bread, and regretted when my plate was clean. How often can you say you looked at your plate and thought to yourself, "dang, it's the last bite, better enjoy it all the more"?!

Service was excellent, the owner (?) bent over backwards to make sure we were happy with our meals, which we both most certainly were. He also happily gave advice on why my homemade naan bread isn't as fluffy as his own, which was a mile high and pillow soft, explaining why an oven would make it rise more than a griddle.

Our meal closed with a liquer made of roses, which was an exotic and interesting finale to a great meal.

While we were there, he greeted a number of other repeat customers, including one pair of tourists who were on their third visit to Kokonor during their holiday. Restaurant was a nice mix of tourists wandering in, and local regulars.

Our entire meal, which included entrees, desserts, flatbread with dip and a side of naan bread, carafe of wine, and rose liquer came to about 45 Euro for the both of us.

Would go back to Paris for no other reason than just to visit this restaraunt!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We wandered off the street into this restaurant on a Sunday when many things are closed in Paris. It was a warm and inviting atmosphere that felt like a little corner of Tibet. The stir fried lamb was terrific! I highly recommend this place - especially when you need a break from French food.

1  Thank adgirldc
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This Tibetan restaurant was a few doors down from our hotel. The set menu is a fantastic bargain - 3 courses plus a 1/4 litre of wine for 20 euros. The vegetable dumplings in broth were delicious, and the main course was a 'marmite', a kind of Tibetan stew with meat, vegetables or seafood. The best thing was the fragrant rice pudding for dessert.
After the meal we were recommended to try the tea. I'm not normally a fan of the 'pot pourri' style of tea, preferring the 'builders' variety, but this was delicious, containing goji berries, what looked like tiny dried rose buds, as well as 'normal' tea. Very refreshing - they should sell bags of this blend to take away!

1  Thank CheshireCat_8
Reviewed September 7, 2011

the vegetarian steamed dumplings are awsome. the meat ones are great too.

I was introduced to this herbal tea they put together and it was great as I had a migraine and it made it feel better.

3  Thank kelfon