“Friendly & good value restaurant”
Review of Epsilon - CLOSED

Epsilon
Cuisines: French, Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gobelins
Polgooth, United Kingdom
“Friendly & good value restaurant”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We first went here to join friends who had discovered this little gem of a restaurant earlier in their stay nearby in Place d'Italie. It was a lively Saturday night and the restaurant was full yet the two waitresses were cheerful and helpful. The €14 menu had many interesting choices and even with wine and soft drinks for my son & me it was under €40. My son decided to make his debut with the escargots and was pleasantly surprised. We both chose from the main €14 menu and were satisfied with our meals.

Two days later the two of us returned on a less lively yet reasonably busy night to try out other dishes on the same menu. Our waiter was friendly and helpful with choices and our meals were served promptly and hot. On this occasion I chose the dish of the day on the €14 menu and was glad I had chosen the paupiettes de dinde though my son's choice of salmon looked equally enticing.

On the last evening of our stay, when frankly we were too tired to trek back into the centre of Paris to seek out a different restaurant, we decided to stick with what we felt we could rely on. We were pleasantly surprised to be greeted like friends and offered complimentary drinks while we chose again from the €14 menu - a lovely touch as it appeared they had remembered what we had drunk there on an earlier visit. Again the food was delicious with decent size portions and we both chose the dish of the day which was chicken. We were not disappointed with our meals and especially enjoyed the recommended wine. Even with coffee our meal for two did not exceed €40 which for Paris seems extremely good value for 3 courses with wine and coffee.

Despite some of the earlier reviews on Trip Advisor (which I had not read before visiting Epsilon) I write as I found it on 3 different evenings and can only say that it was excellent, friendly and good value. For anyone staying in this locality of Paris it is definitely worth paying a visit. I guess we will need to revisit this spot to check out the €19 menu!

• Visited April 2013

Walsall
“A Vibrant restaurant”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This greek style bistro is well frequented by the local population. The staff are very friendly and the value for money is excellent. Two of us had the set menu of three courses, wine and coffee for just over €50.

Visited March 2013
“Great food, great service, great price!!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We got to this place by chance, walking around Place d'Italie. We liked the looks of it and the prices so decided to give it a go. Before going in we checked Trip Advisor's reviews. Some weren't so great but decided to give it a go anyway. Sooo glad we did! Dinner was GREAT! There were two very friendly french waitresses serving the tables who did not have a problem trying to communicate the specifics of the menu in english (or even spanish our first language) We had each one fixed menu of 14? mine was the absolutely delicious cheese gratin with olives and for first course honey pork ribs with rice and veggies. For dessert we both got cheesecake. I will only say that I wish I was staying more days in Paris just so I can dine there again.
Just GO AND TRY IT! My guess is you wont regret it ;)

“Outstanding service quality and food”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

After walking arround Place d'Italia, we found this very nice restaurant. There are two kinds of menues for 14? and 19?. We choosed the first one and we have to say that we were not disappointed at all... there was no delay on the delivery of the thre courses menu, the staff was awesome with us and we have a great dinner. Not less important, the quality of food and the quantity were also perfect.
I absolutely recomend it!!

1 Thank Richard S
Rome, Italy
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Decent selection of interesting menus at varying prices, good house wine, friendly staff. I've been many times and will go out of my way to return.

• Visited May 2012