“A lovely evening at a delightful restaurant”
Review of Le Tastevin - CLOSED

Le Tastevin
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ile de la Cite / Ile Saint-Louis
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My 85 year old father in law and I happened to be in Paris at the same time and I wanted to take him to a special restaurant. I love the Isle St Louis and have eaten at several restaurants there over the years. After reading the reviews, I selected Le Tastevin for this occasion.

We were not disappointed.

The atmosphere was magical, and I found Madame and the staff very attentive. She was charming, had a delightful sense of humor, and even called a cab for us. My father in law had the sole and I had the turbot. The food was well-prepared and the quantities were generous.

I can only say, "Un grand merci," for making what may have been my only visit to Paris with my father in law a fabulous success!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great all around dining experience. Food was very good. Loved the escargort. Portions were large I was to full to finish my snapper. Had to save room for the dessert. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank flygirl23_11
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Tastevin never disappoints if you like traditional French cooking in an elegant setting. I have eaten here several times on various visits to Paris, most recently in August 2013. Aneek, the proprietress, keeps close watch on activities. On my last visit I had sole meuniere which was to die for. Highly recommended!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

They did not have the reservation we had made through the Fork, however, they did accommodate us - and we were glad they did! Food was wonderful and service very good. Husband had the langoustines and sole - excellent (he shared!) and I had soup de jour (carrots/leeks/potatoes) and veal chop in mushroom sauce. It was a great meal. Too full for dessert, but capped off the evening with a glass of sauterne. Just as good as when we first dined here 10 years ago.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

If you want a great place to eat an authentic french meal, don't miss Le Tastevin. Located on Ille St. Louis, you will step into a wonderful atmosphere where they serve quality food at reasonable prices. The lamb was to die for!