“Very good but not the best vegetarian meal we had in Paris”

Le Potager du Marais
Ranked #597 of 17,290 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very good but not the best vegetarian meal we had in Paris”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went here on the last night of a short trip to Paris. The food was quite good and the ambiance very nice. The waiter was extremely friendly and helpful. I wanted to love this restaurant, but couldn't help comparing it to Soya, another Paris vegetarian restaurant we had been to the night before, which we liked a lot better. In my opinion, though this was very good, Soya was more creative and the food a fair bit better. In a nutshell, this was just a bit too similar to the type of vegetarian restaurants we already frequent back in the US.

One highlight, however, was the wine, a Bordeaux recommended by the waiter, which was outstanding.

1 Thank Alex S

London, United Kingdom
“Really good food, friendly service”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've been there once a couple of days ago and the waiter is really friendly, the service is a little bit slow because he is alone to serve all the (small) floor but anyway everything was more than good, the food was really tasty, a little bit overpriced if you compare the same food in London but anyway I had mix of quinoa, mushrooms (risotto if I remember correct), without any dessert but everything was good. To come back definitely.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food in a cosy, friendly environment”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I visited this restaurant with my partner who is vegetarian (I am a meat loving carnivore). We turned up without a booking and they accommodated us very well (I would advise booking in advance because the restaurant filled up fast). The food was delicious - served in very hearty portions. They dealt with my nut allergy very well. I would recommend this restaurant to all as the food was amazing! I will definitely revisit next time I'm in Paris.

1 Thank Daniel H
Barcelona, Spain
“Vegan or not, give it a go!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Oh, my! What a perfect lunch! Small, cozy place with friendly staff, and delicious food. The rations were great: the waiter advised me to reduce my command, and thank God he did! I ended up with a full belly with only two dishes, although I suppose it also depends on which dish you ask for and how much you are used to eating in one sitting. We were staying at a hotel close to Tour Eiffel, and came all the way to Le Marais to have lunch at Le Potager. Now that I have been there, I would cross Paris twice in order to have lunch there again. Really really good!

1 Thank OGJon
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic French fare, but in a vegan context! C'est Manifique!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

What a wonderful find in Paris! Really happy we made it here - reservations recommended, as the place is justifiably popular!

Great selection of food that is French but vegan! I had the french onion soup, which also had vegan cheese in it - and it was actually delicious! I shouldn't sound surprised, but you know.... sometimes vegan cheese isn't exactly ooozing flavour! ha ha ha.

My main was seitan done in a mushroom and red wine sauce - classic French dish and really delicious! The serves here are substantive, so would recommend two courses rather than three.

They also had a wonderful star anise tea which I had after the meal, which was a wonderful digestive. Our server was very friendly and helpful, and spoke English. They also had English menus which helped out a lot, too! Highly recommended if you are vegetarian or vegan, and want a lovely meal in an easy to access location in Paris.

1 Thank tamaletown