“The WORST experience you will ever have in Paris” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bastille's Pub

Bastille's Pub
Ranked #13,373 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Milan, Italy
“The WORST experience you will ever have in Paris”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Do NOT bother speaking French to these people. They are crooks.

I came here with my sister noticing the menu board outside saying something like €16,90 for a set menu.

I made sure to ask if it was applicable for dinner (it was dinner time, but I wanted to double check since it sounded too good to be true).

Upon them reaffirming the above and us sitting down, we were still presented with a menu (la carte). I then proceeded to ask the waiter (the slimmer one) if the set menu also included items from the menu he gave us, to which he replied yes, saying 'You can choose any of these'

The food was horrible, to say the least, but that's not what horrified us.

We were presented with a bill of €49,50 and when we confronted them about it they started arguing with us, saying that we were 1) blind; 2) supposed to have known better, and 3) delirious since the waiter kept denying to his boss that he said we could have anything we wanted.

We continued arguing in English this time as my sister and I were fed up of this terrible treatment, to which they simply ignored us and waited for us to pay up. To be honest, I really wanted to just walk off. But they looked like crooks and had demonstrated themselves to be so, so we just paid them €50 and left.

What was the most infuriating is that a girl who was waitressing there COMPLETELY understood our situation, and gave us pitiful looks, confirming to us that those two men (the other one-- the short bald chubby one-- must have been the owner, since the waiter kept telling him 'no, i did not say that') knew what they were pulling. She didn't have the courage to say anything in our defense and even avoided our "say something" looks.

Later on in the evening when I recounted the story to my friend he said we should have known better than to go into a pub called "Bastille's Pub" in Bastille. I hadn't given it much thought, but oh well.

DO NOT EVEN STEP IN. The people here are ALL cheats and liars.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank shoepergirl

merimbula
“Surely not...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went there attracted by the young crowd that was present and lack of seating in its competition (probably should have raised suspicions). The owner IS friendly when you are on the street looking in, but even with our attempts to speak French, we were left wanting some decent service. Upon seating, we were forgotten about for about 1/2 hour before we were offered menus. Another 1/2 hr passed before we could gain the attention of staff to get a drink.

With our feet so sore from tramping across Paris all day we stuck it out. The food was terrible when it came out and the final straw was having to ask for the bill 4 times! Not a nice way to spend your last night in Paris.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RosieGJ
“Charming, typically french bistro, but not for a quick meal...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

This was a very charming little "pub", and overall we had a great afternoon sitting and people watching, a very Parisian pursuit!

It did however take an hour from the time we sat down until our entree arrived. But once we got going the meals were quite good.

The owner was very hospitable and loved a chat (probably part of the reason for the slow service), but he made us feel very comfortable.

Would definitely go back for a drink and a meal.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Halifax, United Kingdom
“great place, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

The previous 3 reviews are clearly competitors or reviewing the wrong place (there isn't a downstairs or a bouncer)....
my wife and I ate here twice last week and visited 3 times overall. The owner was very friendly, speaking to us each night, and the barman was a very chatty and friendly guy, remembering what my wife and I drank, and that my wife was vegetarian. They adapted meals on the menu to accommodate my wife not eating meat with no fuss.
A great bar. Highly recommended.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not come here for food or drink, it's horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Whatever you do, do not get the pasta, it has come out of a pot and smells quite like vomit. I had better food in the school cafeteria. Prices are reasonable, if you like paying for something that was probably cooked in a shoe. My 8yr old brother could have cooked better food. Do not be fooled by the happy hour €5 prices, as the beer was watered down, and the cocktails definitely didn't have any alcohol in them. Do not come to this 'pub', it's useless...