“great place, great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bastille's Pub

Bastille's Pub
Ranked #13,373 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Halifax, United Kingdom
“great place, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

The previous 3 reviews are clearly competitors or reviewing the wrong place (there isn't a downstairs or a bouncer)....
my wife and I ate here twice last week and visited 3 times overall. The owner was very friendly, speaking to us each night, and the barman was a very chatty and friendly guy, remembering what my wife and I drank, and that my wife was vegetarian. They adapted meals on the menu to accommodate my wife not eating meat with no fuss.
A great bar. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not come here for food or drink, it's horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Whatever you do, do not get the pasta, it has come out of a pot and smells quite like vomit. I had better food in the school cafeteria. Prices are reasonable, if you like paying for something that was probably cooked in a shoe. My 8yr old brother could have cooked better food. Do not be fooled by the happy hour €5 prices, as the beer was watered down, and the cocktails definitely didn't have any alcohol in them. Do not come to this 'pub', it's useless...

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Worst bar I have ever been to. Never go there.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I went there to get a drink. I tried my best to speak French even though it is my second language and they treated me terribly and told me to leave the bar. I had a great experience everywhere else in Paris except this bar. I will never go back here - I have never met such rude people. There was a wierd goo in my drink and I think they put it there intentionally.

2 Thank Christinedelia
“Why French people have a terrible reputation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Went there with my fiancé after dinner. Went in bar bc she had to use the head as i went towards bar to get drink. Bouncer yells at my fiancé for going directly downstairs and promptly kicks her out of bar. Says "not how they do things in France.". I confronted bouncer about this, said we were buying drinks, and he proceeded to headbut me in the nose. I'm 3 beers deep at this point....not a drunken situation, just terrible attitude and terrible service. Great experiences all throughout France except here. Avoid!!

Toronto, Canada
“Just what we were lloking for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Bastille Pub was a small, friendly charming little restaurant overlooking an entertaining little single lane street. The location was perfect - lots of activity but without hundreds of vehicles zooming by. We loved our steak and frites and creme bruller and cappicino. Our waiter was friendly and attentive and the price was extremely reasonable. Would highly recommend this spot for a relaxing, casual dinner.

• Visited May 2012