“A fantastic restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Au Petit Sud Ouest

Au Petit Sud Ouest
Ranked #79 of 16,839 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Description: Au Petit Sud Ouest is specialized on Duck and duck / goose liver (Foie gras). You have to like duck !! Open for lunch from 12 to 2:30 pm (last order at 2:30 pm) and dinner from 6 pm to 10 pm (last order at 10 pm). Better to make a booking. We are closed on Sunday and Monday and August. We have a shop too... Open from 9 am to midnight. Take away lots of differents "Foie gras" (duck or goose liver fresh or by tins)
London, England, United Kingdom
“A fantastic restaurant”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

If you love Duck and Goose this is the place for you, if not you’ll be disappointed. My wife and I took our eldest daughter here on Saturday as she is working in Paris, after we were seated we were give a plate of Saucisson to enjoy with our Kir. We started the meal with the foie gras which was superb and the 2/3 person portion was more than enough, each table has its one toaster so you always have warm toast. For mains, our daughter had Duck a l’orange, my wife had the confit duck and I had the confit goose all were cooked perfectly and served by a happy and enthusiastic team. We went with their house red which is from their own estate, excellent wine and only €26. My wife’s pudding of Chiboust au pomme was also outstanding. This is not a “fine dining” type of restaurant with the food delivered under cloches by unsmiling waiters, it is great traditional food from the south west of France served by people who really want you to enjoy your evening.

1 Thank Victor D

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Overrated”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This cannot be one of the best restaurants in Paris. Unless you just really, really, really love duck. Just about every dish includes duck. Food was decent, service was good, atmosphere was ok. It's really close to the Eiffel Tower, which is nice. But overall, I was disappointed.

“A-MAAAZ-ZZIIING!!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I booked this restaurant purely of the basis of Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed at all!

The restaurant itself is understated and has wine crates as doors inside which was really cool, for the wine lover I am. Relaxed atmosphere where you can equally go as a family or couple and you don't have to get dressed up.

The hostess and staff were very friendly and made a fuss of my wife who was pregnant they looked after us wonderfully.

And the food was simply delicious! I have lived in France come from a very foodie family and this is the best Fois Gras & Confit I have ever had! My wife had smoked salmon and duck with cherry sauce which also was lovely. I let the hostess choose my wine and she chose magnificently and without taking the Micky either in terms of cost per glass.

Put simply you must go here! They take duck to a whole new level!

Amsterdam
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Although the duck breast (magret de canard) was of good quality, the civet de canard was not very tender, although tasty. First course (chèvre chaud) was less than mediocre, so was the dessert. The pommes sautees were fried, not baked. Poor wine list. Incredible ratings on Tripadvisor. This place is not for experienced, a little demanding European food lovers. If you have been at Le Quincy the night before, the difference is appalling, and only € 10 per person less expensive. This is a touristy place with two seatings per night and fast service part of the commercial programme.

1 Thank AmsterdamNico
Brooklyn New York
“Merveilleux!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We tried the foie gras, the duck breast and the salad with french mushrooms, and for dessert a creme brulee. The service was kind and attentive, and the food delicious. The ambience is charming and comfortable. Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2014