“Thumbs Up”
Review of Au Petit Sud Ouest - CLOSED

Au Petit Sud Ouest
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Description: Au Petit Sud Ouest is specialized on Duck and duck / goose liver (Foie gras). You have to like duck !! Open for lunch from 12 to 2:30 pm (last order at 2:30 pm) and dinner from 6 pm to 10 pm (last order at 10 pm). Better to make a booking. We are closed on Sunday and Monday and August. We have a shop too... Open from 9 am to midnight. Take away lots of differents "Foie gras" (duck or goose liver fresh or by tins)
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We had lunch at this lovely small restaurant on the Avenue de la Bourdonnais. Madame is very outgoing and so helpful with recommendations. The stone walls and individual toasters on each table make a very warm atmosphere, and the food is wonderful. We had foie gras and duck confit. The foie gras was rich and delicious, very satisfying. The confit arrived in hot crocks and was full of flavor and so comforting. Yum and yum again!. The glassware was interesting in that it had small grooves along the sides that aerate the wine. The glasses are sold in the restaurant. They are pricey, but also have the duck logo of the restaurant engraved on them, and are nearly indestructible. They are dishwasher safe and come in stemmed and stemless. Great reminders to go back for more foie gras and confit!

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from a fantastic meal here. The owners are fantastic people who really go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The food and wine selections were fabulous and the service was polite but not at all stuffy. We are so pleased that we spent the evening here. Try it. You will be happy that you did!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

The title says it all, we travelled for 5 weeks and while it got close between the 4 of us (family with 2 teenagers) we give our award to au petit sud quest. I actually feel remiss in not recommending this earlier but we kept hoping for something equally as good, a few got close, but no cigar! Hopefully Ill get to all the others, the good, the bad and the ugly (and the truly awful) but this was truly wonderful and throw out the window the stereotype arrogant french waiter, these people are really nice. The only catch is you have to like duck or foie gras, we loved the duck, didn't try the other as my co diners weren't game. it was recommended to us and the lady who owns it is very friendly and It would be the first restaurant in Paris I would revisit.

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

I visited this place for an excellent recommendation and it has been a wonderful discovery, real French duck feast. The food was tasty, delicious and tender. For entree we had Fried duck "Foie gras" on apples, it's was simple amazing, the foie gras just melts in your mouth, and the apples dices, weren't too sweet but still sweet enough to match well with the crispy liver.
For main course I took the magret de canard, maybe a little big for one person, because was a whole duck breast with fried potatoes,but it was simply excellent, pink and juicy.
I also tried the Duck stew with Cherry sauce and taste as good as it looks.
The owners of the place are very nice, warm & kindly people. I really enjoyed everything!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

After trekking around Eiffel Tower, we headed to Au Petit Sud Ouest for dinner. Thankfully we made a reservation the night before by email, so we didn't have to wait around too long to be served.

I love that every table is equipped with a toaster, so if you order foie gras as your starter (and you really ought to! try ordering one of duck and one of goose to compare), you can get as much toasty bread as needed.

For the mains, my partner had the confit duck leg which was absolutely delicious, although I was disappointed by my duck stew where the meat was dry.

The staff is really friendly and humourous. At one point my partner went to the gents and the guy (owner?) arrived with our starter, noticed the empty seat, and sat down to keep me company, pretending to be my partner about to enjoy the delicious meal. That got a good laugh out of me and the neighbouring couple.

The restaurant is located close to Eiffel Tower but doesn't feel very touristy. It was good value for money too, considering its location and reputation. For two starters, two mains and a bottle of red wine, the total came to just under €100.

1  Thank Cecilia L