“Great! We felt like a friend's restaurant. ”
Review of Au Petit Sud Ouest - CLOSED

Au Petit Sud Ouest
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Description: Au Petit Sud Ouest is specialized on Duck and duck / goose liver (Foie gras). You have to like duck !! Open for lunch from 12 to 2:30 pm (last order at 2:30 pm) and dinner from 6 pm to 10 pm (last order at 10 pm). Better to make a booking. We are closed on Sunday and Monday and August. We have a shop too... Open from 9 am to midnight. Take away lots of differents "Foie gras" (duck or goose liver fresh or by tins)
“Great! We felt like a friend's restaurant. ”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I went there because of tripadvisor reviews and I couldn't agree more with what I have readen.
Great food, great fun and hospitality and not too expensive, about 55? person, really worth it.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Perfect!!!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I been there for Valentines dinner with my boyfriend and everything was great!!! Service, staff very good and food AMAZING!!! We really loved!

Dallas, Texas
“Very pleasant. Good value.”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We enjoyed dinner at this duck-focused restaurant. The ambiance was warm and comfortable. The staff worked very diligently to be welcoming, gracious, personable. The food was good. I would not rave about it, but after days of big Parisien meals, it was a welcomed break. And I thought the value was very good; the food was not fantastic but nor was the price; it was a equitable balance. Most of the guests seemed to be tourists, but on a night when you want something casual, welcoming, tasty and well priced, I would recommend Au Petit Sud Ouest.

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Restaurant”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Every single 5 star review on this restaurant is bang on the money, poor reviewers stating it just serves duck need to learn how to research restaurants properly! Needless slights on a brilliant restaurant.

We had an amazing meal here, the standard of the duck breast they serve is superb, the simplest meal of duck, potatoes and wild mushroom is pulled off so well, elevating this to a fantastic dining experience. The atmosphere is great, authentic and the staff make your meal superb.

Dinner was topped off with a pistachio creme brûlée that was perfect, and the Flocons D'ariege a handmade South-West France sweet that come with the bill. My fiance and i enjoyed it so much we hit the Saxe Breuteil market on the Saturday to go buy some Magretde canard!

Thanks for a great dinner, we'll be back.

1 Thank Benthompson0324
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
“Places like this make Paris . . . well, Paris!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Unquestionably, undoubtedly, and absolutely deservedly the most wonderful meal I can remember. My wife and I ate here on our honeymoon, and enjoyed every superb moment of the meal. The staff will welcome you as if you were an old friend coming into their home. The menu is very heavy on duck, but if a restaurant in Paris features one dish primarily, they will do it biblically well. I highly recommend the fois gras for an entree (what Americans call "appetizers", the rest of the civilized world calls "entrees"), and following up with a duck soup for a main course. Take a day to visit Les Invalides and Rue Cler, walk to this restaurant, eat and enjoy life, then walk to Tour Eiffel and the Trocadero. Paris at its absolute finest.

1 Thank 06Matt