“The worst waiter ever!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cafe du Pont-Neuf
Ranked #4,721 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Les Halles
Londra, Regno Unito
“The worst waiter ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

The dinner at the Cafe du Pont-Neuf have been my worse in Paris last year.
I want to be clear and honest with the Café and if I would consider the place for the food only or the atmosphere I would give a rate of 3 but the service was bad enough to put me in the mood of considering this place as the worst I ever seen.
Very short story: I had dinner with my girlfriend who was undecided about the main course to order (salmon or hamburger)… she went for hamburger and after a quite inexplicable long time she received the salmon. We decide not to complain about because the waiter had some difficulties to speak English and we did not want to create a problem for something not really important: worst decision ever!
When after 10 minutes another customer received “our hamburger” and complained to the waiter whom understanding his mistake got angry with us, in the middle of the Café started SCREAMING to my girlfriend and me (something I did not understand).
I paid the bill just because I was on holiday and I did not want to waste time with this individual.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Western Massachusetts
“I wish it were in my neighborhood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

There is something remarkably comfortable about this place, and the food is very good, while most reasonably priced. We've had lunch--three courses for about 12 euros, and stopped by later for a cup of tea, or a kir--sometimes made with peach liqueur rather than cassis. The food is Basically French, although I've seen burgers on the menu. The desserts are my downfall--they are delicious. I adore the bar, which has a shiny copper surface and a mural of the Pont Neuf. Nico, the owner speaks fine English, and knows the words to zillions of American songs. It is in a most convenient location between the Louvre and Notre Dame, and just steps from Les Halles. Free wifi is also available.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“First night in Paris”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Friendly staff. Food good we had onion soup lots of it and my omelette complete must have been made with 6 eggs it was enormous.

Visited March 2013
“Good value, good service, god beef”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

cozy unrushed atmosphere, great steak and a creme brulee to die for.
Staff were attentive but not in your face.
Situated in a quite touristy part of Paris it still offers good value for money.

Visited February 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Don't go here.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had lunch here - just stumbled across it. A poor experience. The onion soup was if the chef poured hot water over a cheese sandwich. Selection of wine by the glass quite inadequate. Waiter was surly. To be avoided...