“Cozy atmosphere, delicious cheese and fondue”
Review of Pain Vin Fromage

Pain Vin Fromage
Ranked #228 of 17,505 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Swiss
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Wow, this place had great cheese! The ambiance was perfect for a Paris getaway, we sat downstairs in the cellar and had a great dinner of fondue with both meat and cheese. Very well priced for the quality.

1  Thank Kirkkath
There are newer reviews for Pain Vin Fromage

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We first visited Pain Vin Fromage in 2011 and enjoyed it so much that we wanted to return. This time, we were seated in the charming medieval cellar. The fondue was great, as was the service.

1  Thank Ardith L
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I loved the place, the service and the food. Probably the best I've ever had anywhere in the world. Highly recommended. Be sure to call to reserve before you go as the place is busy.
Excellent everything.

2  Thank Tariq G
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Eating fondue and great bread (with copious amounts of wine, of course) in a cramped cave-like setting was an experience much better than it sounds. Simple but yummy food. I was trying not to eat bread (in Paris??) so I was spooning the fondue on my salad. Even that was delicious. I get tired of big, fancy meals and try to have a low-key meal here once on every trip to Paris.

1  Thank WellTraveledGal2000
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Courtesy and Quality! I had an assiette de fromages which was very good. You can choose assiettes from different regions of France. Had then a sort of mashed potato with cheese (can't remember the name) which was excellent. I then had tangerine icecream with hot chocolate on the side which was excelent! Most people there had the Fondue. The restaurant is on 2 floors. I dined on the floor below which is like a cave nice and cozy. Small restaurant so you need to make reservations. Located at la Marais, a cool neighbourhood in Paris.