“Second visit just as good as the first”
Review of Pain Vin Fromage

Pain Vin Fromage
Ranked #750 of 19,022 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Swiss
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We first visited Pain Vin Fromage in 2011 and enjoyed it so much that we wanted to return. This time, we were seated in the charming medieval cellar. The fondue was great, as was the service.

1  Thank Ardith L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,714)

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I loved the place, the service and the food. Probably the best I've ever had anywhere in the world. Highly recommended. Be sure to call to reserve before you go as the place is busy.
Excellent everything.

2  Thank Tariq G
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Eating fondue and great bread (with copious amounts of wine, of course) in a cramped cave-like setting was an experience much better than it sounds. Simple but yummy food. I was trying not to eat bread (in Paris??) so I was spooning the fondue on my salad. Even that was delicious. I get tired of big, fancy meals and try to have a low-key meal here once on every trip to Paris.

1  Thank WellTraveledGal2000
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Courtesy and Quality! I had an assiette de fromages which was very good. You can choose assiettes from different regions of France. Had then a sort of mashed potato with cheese (can't remember the name) which was excellent. I then had tangerine icecream with hot chocolate on the side which was excelent! Most people there had the Fondue. The restaurant is on 2 floors. I dined on the floor below which is like a cave nice and cozy. Small restaurant so you need to make reservations. Located at la Marais, a cool neighbourhood in Paris.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

If you are looking for a really good meal and outstandingly good service, then this is the place to go. It's round the corner from Le Centre Pompidou and two steps away from the Metro station. My partner had never tried cheese fondue and he just loved it!
We were sat in the downstairs room, a reconverted wine cellar, at a tiny weeny table. The waitress, however, managed to fit two dishes, two baskets of bread, a cheese fondue, wine, water, a salad and a carpaccio dish all on the same table. I was actually impressed.
The cheese and the wine are the obvious winners of the house. There's a choice of 4 different cheese fondue and two bourgignonnes, which I found excellent. We also had a starter each as cheese and bread (and wine, in my case) only could have been a bit heavy on our stomachs. They also offer some really nice and simple salads, so that wasn't a problem. If you don't want to go for the fondue, however (but then, why wouldn't you??), they also offer cured meats/cheese platters and plenty of other delicacies.
Warmly suggested, I would go back in no time!