“A strange mix of good food and chilly inhospitality.”
Review of La Table d'Eugene

La Table d'Eugene
Reserve with
La Table d'Eugene is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 18,356 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Description: Dans un lieu intimiste et chaleureux dedie a la gastronomie, Geoffroy Maillard vous propose une cuisine francaise et creative base sur les produits de saisons.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We have eaten three times at Table d'Eugène, and we will eat there no more. It is conveniently located in our neighborhood, walking distance from our apartment. The food is reliably excellent. While not inexpensive, it is fairly priced. The problem with Table d'Eugène is the owner. Every time we have eaten there, we have felt like we were uninvited guests who were inconveniencing the host. On one occasion, we had the unfortunate experience of observing the owner approach the table next to ours and censure an 8-year-old boy for leaving the bathroom untidy, and not in "sotto voce", I might add. Then, to our astonishment, she marched the youngster back to the bathroom where, I presume, he was instructed to clean up his mess. (Either that, or he was whipped for his indiscretion.) On another occasion, our companion arrived literally 5 minutes late for our reservation, which prompted a scolding from the same Madame. On our last and final visit, we sat unattended to for 20 minutes while the owner was preoccupied with a table populated by either close friends, family, or generous benefactors. The service, when it finally happened, was unwelcoming and forbidding. Perhaps unsaid was her thought: "Why are you here taking up my time when my friends at the next table are celebrating without me?" As we sat there, we became aware that the atmosphere was just short of toxic. The food, while well prepared and tasty, could not overcome the bad vibes.

4  Thank StGilbert

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We had dinner here last year. I had the same experience with the one diner that they cancelled our reservation because we did not confirm, which we did not know. Speaking no french, we asked hotel to make the reservations for us. After a long ride from Arr. 7 to the edge of the town, we were told reservations was cancelled. The owner lady said she called our hotel and was told nobody by that name has checked in. That is the explanation, but we did not bother to check with hotel.

We were shocked because we didn't have plans. Anyhow, she did give us a table outside on the sidewalk. We had to move because residents upstairs watering plans and water dripping down.

The food was excellent, so it sort of made up for it. One more tip, do not play with your iphone and leave it on table if you sit outside. The lady warned us that someone will just grab it and run.

1  Thank SandyWang
Reviewed April 23, 2013

While not exactly in the center of things this little place, a short down the back side of Montmarte is very much worth the trip. We took friends this time who had never been, and on this visit we and they were again impressed by the quality and imitativeness of the food and the warmness of the welcome. A real treat and a fantastic meal, with great wine that will still leave change from fifty. This place will remain on the top of my Paris pilgrimage list.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had the good fortune of learning about Table d'Eugene from a friend. I phoned them up, made reservation a few days before and, even though the restaurant was full when we arrived, we were seated immediately. Each and every dish was outstanding. From appetizers to main dish to dessert everything was superb. I cannot find enough words of praise for this tremendous restaurant. When our meal was over, two and a half hours after we arrived, they phoned a cab for us, waited for the cab to arrive and gave the driver specific instructions about getting us back to our apartment. If you are in Paris and if you are a foodie, go to Table d'Eugene

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I went here to eat lunch (booked the seats) on Saturday.
Although it was located in quiet place, away from main street, the customers were coming one after another.
Foods were just brilliant and I think it is one of the best French restaurants I have ever visited.
Would definitely recommend this place.