Holiday Inn Express Paris-Canal de la Villette
Ranked #371 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from 8 May 2013 through 14 May 2013. The hotel served breakfast daily and had a good virility. The room has a comfortable queen size bed with a pull out sofa. The location of the hotel is close to neighborhood shops, restaurants and the metro. The staff were great but I want to give a special thanks to Anaelle, she was very helpful in locating nearby ATM's, navigating the metro and making calls to confirm our tours. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Paris for their first time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zues85

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful one night stay. The breakfast was great with cappachinos included, nice staff and very comfortable rooms. Close to the riquet metro station. Very picturesque location along the canal.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Morotravel
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was my fourth visit to Paris, having previously been there in 2000, 2010 and 2012. My wife, adult daughter and I shared a room with a queen bed and a pull-out sofa bed this time in Jan 2013. We were there on Hoilday Inn points for 5 nights. This hotel is one of the best in which I have ever stayed. It is in a location just three short blocks from the subway and in a great neighborhood with lots of local type good restaurants nearby. The staff is superb, they were helpful with questions on directions, restaurants, things to do, etc. The hotel itself is in immaculate condition and it was great to have a room with style and comfort. i recommend this hotel hughly and look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Canal
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ChamL
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We spent a couple of nights here in May 2013. Booked online and got a good (for Paris, anyway, rate). The location is not central, but it's convenient to the No. 7 metro line that will take you to the more touristy areas closer to the Seine in 15 minutes. It's also handy to the Gred de Nord (10 Euri cab ride). The area around the hotel is nice and quiet and the canal-side location is interesting (we had a view down the canal).
The rooms were smallish but clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was great. Holiday Inn Express is good as kids stay and eat for free (we have an 11-year old).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lofty01
Raleigh
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for six nights on a business trip. The hotel was not convenient for me since the conference was on the other side of Paris but that was my fault. However, the hotel is a 5 minute walk to a metro line (line 7 Riquet station) which can get you directly to the Louvre in 17 minutes and with a train change to the Eiffel Tower in about 25 minutes. There are food options nearby. Skip the place directly across the street called "077." Rather go to the place on the corner as you exit the hotel and turn left. This place was always busy and the crispy chicken is very good. This is the same street that takes you to the metro station. Along that street is a nice bakery (with water and coke less expensive than the hotel vending) and a grocery store. The hotel is clean and well maintained and directly on the canal. The rooms are small but functional. Breakfast is buffet with eggs, sausage, cereals, fruits and bread items. Staff is generally helpful but they made a critical error when ordering our taxi to the airport. We requested a taxi that takes credit cards and we discovered he did not when arriving at the airport. Good thing we had enough cash available!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank RaleighBri
Manuel L, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Express Paris-Canal de la Villette, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Raleigh,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your last experience in our hotel. We apologize for the mistake relative to the booking of the Taxi. I can ensure you that such a kind of error won’t happen again next time you’ll stay in our hotel.
We are glad that it has been a pleasure for you to discover the area of the Canal de la Villette. We are waiting for your next stay in Paris to welcome you again in our hotel.
Regards
Manuel Lubin
Utrecht
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I wrote to the customar care of Holiday Inn a complaint. They promised that they would answer in 5 days. In the sixth day since I still didnt receive anything from them.I made a reservation at full rate in order to ensure getting a room at hotel front and to be able to sleep with my two small children in existing bedding.If you reserve via external sites you cannot have this ensured so I paid more for getting security on these two conditions. ALL this was confirmed by the reservation line agent. When I arrived to the hotel, they said they didn’t have record of my conditions, but out of courtesy they would make an exception and, as I was a club member, they would “even” give me a room with view (they gave me a side hotel room overlooking the soide of the canal, not a front side room). I appreciated they did this but it was simply, partially HONOURING the conditions I agreed with the reservation phone service. They thought they were being nice with me, I thought NOTHING of what was agreed was taken in consideration when I arrived to the hotel. I find it sooo very frustrating to agree in some conditions at the moment of my booking (paying more for having them) and at arrival, to have it as never agreed. Those were NOT concessions from the hotel's side, they were PREVIOUSLY AGREED! If they werent, I would never have booked at this hotel. I never have had such an upsetting experience with this hotel chain –therefore I am a club member-; but this BIG retrocess on the service quality will keep me thinking wether to use again a hotel of Holiday Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dariel
Manuel L, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Express Paris-Canal de la Villette, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Mr. ter Borg,

Thank you for your message with Guest Relations and our hotel. As a Priority Club member, your feedback is important to us to ensure that we may be able to better serve you.

Concerning your requests, our hotel unfortunately does not have any record of your calls nor requests for confirmations regarding your room being on the canal. Please note that as the hotel attributes its rooms for our guest, we had seen that you were 2 adults and 1 child, so the sofa bed was opened up for you and a canal room is always given to our members. The reception had reiterated this message just to reassure you on how important you are to us, as we say to all our Priority Club Members. Since there were no traces, the reception would not be able to have seen your request.

Upon looking at your reservation, I see that the reservation was made with the UK Central Reservations Office. It is possible that you may have made your request directly with the Central Reservations office and not with the hotel. These requests go directly to my office and in my files, I do not have any confirmations made by myself nor the reception with your request. Please note that the UK CRO may write in your request, but it only stays a request until confirmed directly by the hotel.

We do understand that you may be upset with your confirmation, but the hotel is happy that you had the room requested. Please contact our hotel directly the next time you happen to make a reservation with us. I would be more than happy to assist you and confirm these requests myself. My number is found on my signature should you want to speak directly.

Should you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel.

Again, thank you for your stay with our hotel and I do look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again.

Best Regards,
Manuel Lubin
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed at the hotel May 2012 and was delighted to have found a Paris hotel which is reasonably priced, and is in a quiet attractive location overlooking the canal. The hotel is not in central paris but very near a a metro station thus traveling to tourist spots is very easy. The rooms are modern with good sized and cleam. There is a reasonable range of food for breakfast (this being included in the price as is the case with Holiday Inn Express hotels). We like the rooms which overlook the canal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family