“Crowded means good”

Ranked #1,939 of 20,696 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: 10th Arr. - Entrepot
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Main entrance occupied Even from outside - long queue. But 10 meters on the left - there is a second entrance and second Room. All menus are spicy, fresh, and excellent :)

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

We went here after seeing it pretty busy on a Tuesday night but walked away extremely
dissatisfied and disappointed.

The food was literally being warmed up in a microwave at the bar in the front of the restaurant. When my food came it was lukewarm at best and the mutton I ordered was overcooked and too tough to eat.

The service was not friendly or attentive and the atmosphere was lacking in every way possible.

Do yourself a favor and go anywhere else nearby.

1  Thank Hustla15
Reviewed March 25, 2018

The food here is average. Not great and not bad. The place mostly caters to tourists and local non-Indian people who want to try Indian food. Busy on the weekends with the middle classes coming to the rue Cail for a little exotic food. I would give this place a pass and check out some other restaurants on the rue de Cail.

Reviewed March 17, 2018

We have been going to this restaurant quite regularly for maybe the past 15 years. Still very good basic Indian food — but not quite as good as it used to be. I still recommend this place, though. There are two locations about 20m apart: one at the corner and the other at 25 Rue Cail. The latter location has the more intimate atmosphere.

Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

I was recommended this restaurant by my French teacher, and it is a fantastic find! It’s situated in an ethnically diverse part of town with amazing markets and atmosphere.

The staff are friendly and the menu is fairly comprehensive and reasonably priced.

My dosa was jam packed with many delicious ingredients, and the condiments had a good level of spice (I don’t know if my Indian friends would have said there was enough spice for their tastes, but I’m sure the staff can add some more heat!)

The chai was delicious and sweet, again packed with the delicious spices you expect. The lassi was refreshing and I was grateful I ordered it to calm my tongue after the spices!

I loved it and will be back next time I’m in Paris.

Date of visit: October 2017