“Gourmed food at an affortable price”
Review of Lafayette Gourmet

Lafayette Gourmet
Ranked #3,458 of 17,770 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Reviewed May 26, 2013

There is everything, from a wide variety of mustards (I counted at least 90 and bought over 10 jars), jams, culinary secret ingredients, pastry ingredients, hundred of spices, the biggest variety of wine, cheese. Anything that you can imagine and dream you will find it there.
Also the restau corner, where you will find spanish, french, greek (the famous Mavrommatis), italian, chinese, indian, the seafood corner with the fresh oysters enjoyed with a glass of wine. A must go!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a real treat to find. It has some of the best prepared/market food i have seen. Full of treats that looked and tasted YUM!. My only regret is that i could not eat any more. Save room for cakes. Some real treats. Nice location and real good buzz. busy but not crazy busy. Recomended for sure!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Like a pilgrimage, a required stop in Paris. In fact, I book my hotel based on its proximity to it.
Room service can be expensive and for half the price you can get better food from Lafayette.
Special treats: caviar and vodka for me and foie gras for my wife.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

As a foodie, I was as ecstatic as a child in a toy store upon finding this unexpected indoor gourmet food market next door to Galeries Lafayette. There are a multitude of food bars serving everything from outstanding arrays of baklava, to meat, to cheese, to bread and pastries, and you can also find every kind of packaged luxury sweet and savory food, as well. My husband and I picked up a couple pieces of baklava at one food bar, and ate them at the round counter surrounding the wonderful Malongo Cafe. There I sipped a java cafe with chantilly, while my husband savored a smooth cup of Himalayan darjeeling tea. It's quite exciting that you can purchase whatever you like at any of the food bars, and eat it at another food bar (provided you can actually find seating; it's pretty crowded, naturally). We went back the next night for more coffee, and I think if I went to Paris again, we'd find cheaper eats here for dinner rather than going out to restaurants every evening which can get pretty pricy. There's a lot to see here, but I didn't find it to be an overwhelming experience, as it was in the over-crowded, over-stimulating Galeries Lafayette mall next door.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

This section of Lafayette has a wide selection of 'gourmet' food, cookies, teas, condiments. Being gourmet, their prices are extremely reasonable by the Parisian standards. I bought Guerande coarse salt with organic herbsfor a few euros, and it is excellent. And I bought some teas from Mariage Freres and other companies. You are saving a lot of time and headache as Lafayette has already gone through the process of making choices among the best foods in the world. If you want to do even better, you may copy what the well informed Japanese shoppers put into their shopping basket. They are particuarly good at choice of cookies. Some of take out foods are also reasoably priced. I got a large chicken wrap for about 11 euros. They wrapped it nicely and again put it in a stylish-looking paper bag. Good things do not have to be expensive.