“A Parisian Culinary Gem.”
Review of L'estrapade

L'estrapade
Ranked #211 of 18,482 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Description: Horaires : du mardi au samedi , de 12h a 14h, et de 19h a 22h.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Thanks to Tripadvisor for finding this what is truly a Parisian Culinary gem at modest prices. We wanted to locate a Restaurant that you didn't have to take out a bank loan for and we certainly didn't want one of those strategically located Tourists Traps who charge well for very mediocre food.
We were welcomed by 2 very pleasant young ladies.As our table was not ready ( remember there are only 22 seats) we waited at the outside table taking in the the activity of a typical Parisian street & enjoying an excellent bottle of red wine €28 ,Which we chose on the recommendation of one of the the young ladies. The meal was faultless from beginning to the end .. The pear soaked in white wine with chorizo was delicious .the main course ..the Duck dish I had was perfectly cooked as was my wife's entrecôte steak . The owner chef came out to greet us.....a saturday night out in Paris ..3 fabulous courses ,a decent bottle of wine and friendly efficient service for €94.. Beat that if you can.
We will return!

3  Thank Gripen56

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I concur with the many recent reviews. This is a restaurant that deserves to do well. The chef is charming and congenial and front of house staff are equally pleasant and professional. We dined here twice on our visit, the first time with friends from Australia. We have very happy memories of both visits. The bistro style meals were all enjoyable, with an interesting and quirky take on a few French staples. Keep up the good work.

2  Thank andricScotland
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I couldn't get a reservation for dinner (probably need to get it a week or more in advance). However, I was able to get in for lunch (just walked in and plenty of tables open). I believe the lunch menu was the same as dinner. Only had appetizers because the main dishes that were coming out were way too much food for me. We had pear with Roquefort cheese and chorizo and a salad (forgot what it was but it was good). Also had a cheese plate and a glass of wine. Food was fantastic and the ambiance was very french. Just felt great to have lunch there. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Curiosity007
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Very congenial husband and wife team run this new restaurant in the Latin Quarter near the Pantheon. They couldn't be nicer and the food and service are excellent. Very small romantic space and very popular, so reservations are essential. Highly recommended.

2  Thank ron019
Reviewed June 19, 2013

When I made our reservation here, this restaurant was rated number 1 on Trip Adviser. For this reason my expectations were extremely high. What a disappointment! Were the reviewers so unsavvy about good food that they raved so much? Very sad. How can I trust TA any more?

The place is standard and unassuming. The chairs were uncomfortable. The bread was merely fair. The prepartion of the ingredients - which were fresh, which is why I'm giving even 3 stars - was totally faulty. I ordered the duck as the main course - it was inedible. Simply, the combination of ingredients made it clear that the chef has no real training and not a clue about what works.

The appetizer of white asparagus should have been fabulous. It was boring. We didn't bother ordering dessert.

Just because the waitress is sweet doesn't mean you have to give a 5-star review!

3  Thank pickytrvler