“Magnifique”
Review of Le Coin des Amis

Le Coin des Amis
Reserve with
Le Coin des Amis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #421 of 18,348 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We went to Le Coin des Amis for a dinner on Friday's night and really enjoyed it. The place is nice and the service was great. The food was delicious, we had onion soup, croustillant de camembert, steak and magret, and we really liked it. We decided to go because we were staying in an apartment for the weekend nearby and we saw that it had good reviews on TripAdvisor... and it deserves them! Hopefully we would go back in our next visit to Paris.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

They say that you should never go back.
Too true.
I had been desperate to take my partner to the Coin des Amis since I went with the kids a year or so ago. I was expecting more great food and great service, but unfortunately we were left more than a little disappointed. The greatest problem was that her steak, which was requested well done arrived rare, French RARE, which is basically a bull with the horns cut off and its backside wiped. So I ate that while she had my filet mignon in mustard sauce. The quality was excellent, but...
Up to that point, it was good. Foie Gras and Leek terrine was a pleasing combination, and deep fried Camembert went down very well with the first glass of the recommended wine, but that proved to be the high-point.
Desserts were nice, but second choice. (The Tarte Tatin was finished.)
There were, I think, more British people than French dining in the Coin des Amis when we went, which, combined with the Edith Piaf soundtrack and the table-to-table rose who seller, who really did make his appearence as "La vie en rose" was playing, suggest the target market has shifted.
So, still pretty good quality food, if only it was what we'd wanted to eat. Value still more than acceptable and service amiable.
But, if I'd joined in singing the chorus of "Je ne regrette rien," I'd have been lying.

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Sitting on the Eurostar home, we are reflecting on the most wonderful meal at Le Coin des Amis. We telephoned to reserve a day before (a good idea as it isn't large) and watched the 8pm glittering of the Eiffel Tower, before the short walk down the stairs behind Sacre Coeur to the restaurant. It was already a special evening, but Oignon soup gratinee, tuna steak, boeuf bovignon, and ice cream, complimented by a good glug of cotes de rhone, and digestifs of Calvados and Pastis made it one to remember. The flavours were exquisite, the portions very generous and the service friendly and engaging. That lot only came to ?76 for two as well, so we don't have a bad word to say about this place, and made sure we shook Pascalle's hand on the way out! Perfect meal. Highly recommended!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This restaurant came with such a high Trip Adviser rating that we were eager to go there. We were the only people in the restaurant on a Sunday lunch and wondered if we had the wrong place. I may be mistaken, but I did not find the cooking very French. The sauce of my companion looked glutenous, my fish gratin seemed to have exclusively salmon, which is probably my least favourite cooked fish (I was hoping for a mixture of some sort) and the chips tasted as if fried in oil which had previously fried fish. It is not the culinary experience for which I come to Paris and when the food is disappointing the bill is money one would rather not have spent. Despite the very charming service, I would not go again.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Really nice place with absolutely amazing food. Everything we ordered was delicious (onion soup, foie-gras terrine, duck breast in cassis sauce, fillet mignon with pepper sauce, profiterols). Had an amazing night with my girlfriend on valentines day. We had warm greeting, host was very charming and funny. The only thing that we were a little dissapointed was speed of service (reserve for meal at least 2,5h). But food, absolutely brilliant :)