“Great pre-dinner wine and cheese”
Review of Le garde robe

Le garde robe
Reserve with
Le garde robe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,033 of 16,991 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Les Halles
London
“Great pre-dinner wine and cheese”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stopped in for wine and cheese before dinner and had a beautiful bottle of wine and an absolutely delicious cheese plate. It was a great spot, and I'd definitely come back!

• Visited October 2013

“A wine bar where you can hardly choose your wine”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We were quite puzzled by the way the waitress made, instead or took, our order. In general, I really appreciate when a waiter makes some wine suggestions. But in Le Garde Robe, the waitress, after asking briefly our tasting preferences, had us taste some wine, without introducing to us what wine we are tasting, from where and what is the price (there is no wine list). My wine was closer to grape juice, that's how I realized it could be "nature" wine. Anyway I have asked to try another wine. She understood, saying it was a sparkling red wine open for long... She picked up another wine and poured such a small quantity of wine that it was barely possible to appropriately taste it. So I gave up and ordered that wine.

Overall the experience was quite original, because those "nature" wines are really special, but it was definitely not a good tasting experience.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank mafeixu
“Loved this place”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Went here twice with my husband for dinner and wine! Lovely little place with good music and pretty servers - they are so cute and break out into a dance when their fav song plays. Good wine and cheese platters. Met some lovely French people there! There is a sister restaurant called la robe I think. The owner is awesome, we ate dinner at la robe et le palais it was incredable! A must!

• Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“Great wine shop and meat and cheese plate”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Came with my wife on our honeymoon. Originally planned to go to a cafe up the street, but we were intrigued by an organic wine bar. Did not disappoint. Had a great two bottles of slightly sparkling Pinot Noir with a meat and cheese plate to die for. Helpful and friendly staff and local patrons.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lawrence O
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,366 helpful votes
“Just right.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

In Paris working but only staying for one night, I was able to bring a work mate for an hour or three to one of my very favourite haunts in the centre of this heavenly city. The Robe did not disappoint. It is just a good tempered convivial traditional tasting wine bar with a bit of knockabout food where you can linger and indulge with any kind of company for as long as you fancy but with informed friendly staff and very many well selected wines. Plenty of previous contributors have caught and described the atmosphere.I highly recommend it.

• Visited August 2013